GNC products.

Options
okay, so i was looking into GNC Total Lean and N.O Xplode, i wanted to know some thoughts on them if anyone has tried them....

I want something to help with the weight loss and i also want something for pre, during and post workout.. anybody have any suggestions?!?!

THANKS!!! :smile:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Way cheaper online to buy if you're going to spend money on supplements. IMO, most supplements aren't needed and research shows that they only attribute 1%-2% to your overall results. If you have the money and think they would help, then go for it. But if money's tight, I say save the money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I did gnc's total lean diet and I lost 15lbs and keep them off from it. It was a great meal plan for me to get started and the shakes were good etc. It was on sale at my GNC, and if you bought everything seperate it would be a redic amount of money
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    You probably won't feel much from an NO supplement unless you're pushing yourself pretty hard. If you're looking for some workout nutrition, go with a good old whey protein shake. And yeah, buy online.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    okay, so i was looking into GNC Total Lean and N.O Xplode, i wanted to know some thoughts on them if anyone has tried them....

I want something to help with the weight loss and i also want something for pre, during and post workout.. anybody have any suggestions?!?!

THANKS!!! :smile:

N. O Xplode? Is that an anti-diarrhea medicine?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the Total Lean, though most GNC products (especially the GNC branded ones) are horribly overpriced.

I do like the NO Xplode, though the blue razz isn't what I would call tasty.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I get Scivation Xtend from bodyuilding.com like the extra little boost i get from pre-during and post workout. i ordered the variety pack and love it!
  • juliegin
    juliegin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com is a great site with a ton of choices, reviews of products, very reasonable prices compared to GNC too.

This is where I buy supplements if and when I feel I need them.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I have been trying to find something so that I can get everything rolling. I have been going to the gym and everything but nothing would move. I started using the Total Lean shakes and working out, and I have lost 4 pounds in the last week and a half. I am also taken their supplement, Burn 60, since I have such a slow metabolism that I needed something to push it to move. I think in the right combination it could have great results for you, but to rely on it alone it won't do much. Prior to trying the Burn 60, I had also tried Healthe' Trim with the shakes and it did NOTHING, so it's all in the combination. I do believe the Burn 60 is working out well for me without the "stimulant" actions, I have no side effects or anything....
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I use their chocolate protein powder for a nice tasty milkshake with almond milk & frozen bannana, and I buy Ready-To-Drink little one-serving cartons of AdvantEdge Carb Control for after workouts and as a nice snack, but I buy mine at Walmart or Walgreens-usually somebody has them on sale. My GNC guy is very helpful about answering my questions and is not all about just trying to sell me stuff like some can be.

Muscle & Fitness Hers new issue just did an article on the various supplements and products for weight loss/fat burn. You might want to check it out. They recommend several individual supplements based on different goals, and HydroxyCut's supplement made for women--the exact name escapes me. It got the most "stars" in the review, for what that's worth. But they do stress that these are all just to extend the hard work you're already doing. Sadly, we all know there is no Magic Pill!
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    PS...and becoming a Gold Member with them, you get a discount so the prices aren't as horrible as the stuff you see on Wal-Mart shelves, just better...I like being able to ask someone about the different things about everything. And the shakes and such are cheaper than most places...and better than store-brand.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've tried No-Explode. It was a neat experience. I took it as instructed on the back of the container...with water, on an empty stomach, right before a workout.

*Note: I used this for heavy weight lifting.

Here were the effects:

Upon drinking: It mixed easily and the taste was fine
    Within 5 mins: It made my skin tingle a little bit. It wasn't a bad sensation, but a sensation nonetheless. It lasted until I started lifting weights for my workout(heavy weights).
    During workout: It definitely made me feel "pumped" sooner than normal and I could feel the pump especially in the muscle groups I was working out. I do not remember too much of a difference in my ability to lift more weight, but it did help me lift weight for a longer period of time before getting fatigued.
    Afterworkout/Recovery: Didn't notice much of a difference.

I decided that it helped me, but wasn't worth the price. I also didn't like the idea of working out on an empty stomach. I prefer to have 50 grams of carbs or protein before hand.
  • CrazyBullies
    Options
    N. O Xplode? Is that an anti-diarrhea medicine?

this made me laugh, thanks! haha

And thanks everybody else for the advice...ill look into it more before acutally doing or buying anything!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I bet you could find a sample pack from somewhere.
  • kizzes12
    kizzes12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    iam on gnc burn 60 almost three weeks now and i love the effect iam losing weight on it a.. i sweat a lot ! i always take it an hour before exercise:)