Brazilizn Butt Lift

Options
I have been watching an 'infomercial' about this and wondered if any one has tried this exercise programme and could comment??:smile:

Replies

• keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's fun and you will feel it in your butt for sure! Kind of annoying visually but a good workout especially if you like dancing.
  • KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How do you post a photo in a thread like this? I bought the BBL program and strictly only used The high and tight and sculp videos and I got great results! I'm not much of a dancer so the rest of the videos weren't exciting for myself or my knees.
  • traciredjo
    traciredjo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE BBL! Great results! It seemed like everyday when I looked in the mirror I could see new muscle definition and inches gone =)
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments ladies! :-)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I do step, spinning and c25k a lot so I skip the cardio BBL routine. I like high and tight, scupt and the abs one
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done this video twice with a friend who has it. It's pretty fun and a good workout, but I looked like a dork trying to do the moves :)
    It burns a lot of calories for a little time and your butt hurts after, but I bet if you keep doing it, your butt would look so much better!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well, I know this workout isn't necessarily for dudes but this is the workout program my girlfriend is interested in and I promised to do any workout program she wanted. I'm on my last week of Insanity now and we're planning on starting BBL together once I've finished. Definitely will be nice to have a workout partner for a change!

Has anyone else done Insanity and BBL? I'm concerned that after Insanity BBL might not be enough of a challenge for me. Regardless, I plan on sticking with it to workout with her and keep both of us motivated....but I want to prepare myself if possible in the event that BBL isn't what I'm looking for after Insanity.

Also.....have any other dudes done BBL?
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Has anyone else done Insanity and BBL? I'm concerned that after Insanity BBL might not be enough of a challenge for me. Regardless, I plan on sticking with it to workout with her and keep both of us motivated....but I want to prepare myself if possible in the event that BBL isn't what I'm looking for after Insanity.

I have not done BBL, but have talked to some people. From what I understand, there's quite a bit of upper body(arms and shoulders) work. Insanity is that Max interval training, so I wouldn't expect the out-of-breath type workout, but you'll most likely feel the burn. Don't forget to do Before and After pics! I'd be interested in seeing the progression.
  • hayley9914
    Options
    I am very un -techy so I have no idea, but I love seeing sucess stories!!
  • hayley9914
    Options
    So - how do you log this on MFP? Is it cardio? And what level of intensity?
  • KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I didn't consider BBL overly a challenge in the sense of a great cardio or weight lifting workout. It was mainly to tone up the lower area of your body like your glutes and hamstrings. I would always encorporate it into another routine and do a hybrid!
  • pilarg18
    pilarg18 Posts: 25
    Options
    Well, I know this workout isn't necessarily for dudes but this is the workout program my girlfriend is interested in and I promised to do any workout program she wanted. I'm on my last week of Insanity now and we're planning on starting BBL together once I've finished. Definitely will be nice to have a workout partner for a change!

Well, not a dude :) But I have done both programs and BBL won't seem like a challenge after Insanity. BBl was fun and definitely focused on muscle groups I don't work enough, and you do see lift and shaping results if you keep with it, but - at least for me - it wasn't enough to constitute the entirety of my workout regimen. I lent it to my trainer and she liked it and incorporated some of the exercises into her boot camp classes, but again, she used it to supplement her existing workout routine, not replace what she had been doing before. Good luck! Hope you enjoy it.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    I am thinking of buying this as well. What package did you all get: Basic, Plus or Supreme?:smile::smile: :smile:
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. Is it very 'dance' focused? I ask because I am very un-coordiated and anything dancy will put me off.
  • Ms921
    Ms921 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Leandro the created he is so much fun! I haven't tried Insanity with BBl but i have done BBL and ZUMBA and lost 22 lbs. I did it with my skinny sister and she lost 17 lbs lol So it definitely works. It really is meant to target your butt and thighs so i used it for sculpting and toning. Your Butt and thighs will be killing you for three months straight but its worth it. its not danced focused it only has one dvd that is samba dancing which he does for cardio.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It is by far my favorite Beach Body program. I've done several, but I love BBL for the sake that I can do it and still cross train or run. It's a complete program that can be modified for beginners or pushed up intensity for more experienced exercisers. I was in Physical Therapy for knee pain from running, they had me doing squats and lunges, I found BBL was way more fun. Leandro makes me laugh, he is quirky but not in a weird way. The BBL program has an upper body "Sculpt" that I do with a 25 lb kettlebell, It's a complete program and a lot of fun. I don't do the cardio routines often myself, because I do enough cardio w/o having to dance them, but the High and Tight DVD is AMAZING. Leondro's Secret Weapon DVD is a killer, and even the quick 10 minute one is super. There is a Live class workout that is different and changes the Milx up. And the Signature BBL workout is REALLY awesome as well. I didn't know I could squat, lunge, or kick so many different ways.

The dancing part is much easier to follow than the TurboFire program was for me. He repeats the "routine" several times, so the third time doing the DVD, you feel like a pro.

Another program great for the butt and body in general in the Les Mills Combat. That's helped shape my back side and give me strength and flexibility as well.
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my 5th week of BBL, and it works. Now that I completed my first four weeks, I am only doing the high & tight, sculpt, and sometimes the ab workout, bc I am now also doing the 30 DS.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Glad to see others loving it and getting results!

I'm only on day 9 but so far, I really like it! I feel the pain in the right places, so I'm expecting great results. I'm following the Lift & Shape schedule b/c my booty is on the flatter side.

His Bum Bum work-out shoots my heart-rate through the roof, and I really enjoy doing High&Tight. His ab work-out is no joke either.

I'm also doing Jillian's 6week6pack, so I should be beach-ready by June.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

I've done Insanity and I'm doing bbl now. BBL doesn't make me sweat nearly as much as insanity but I like the workouts. Fear not, you can always add heavier weights if you want. I'll try to get my boyfriend to do a couple of the workouts with me and give you his impression of it. I don't think its something guys typically do after insanity but I think some of the exercises are a challenge because of the repetitions. Lots of squats, squat variations, lunges, a few twirls, a little booty shaking, some upper body work, stretching, and ab work.