C25K first day.

Options
Just finished my first day - WOW that was hard - I am so out of shape. My 1 minute jog could have probably counted as a walk towards the end. I finished my mile in about 17 minutes. Next time I will go before the sun comes up - even at 8:30 am it was HOT!

Replies

• xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It all starts with that first step. Good job and keep up the good work. Before you know it you will be running the whole thing.
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nice start! I tried...I failed. I will try again though! Good luck...sounds like you will do great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    *double post. sorry*
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    i'm in week 2 and it's already easier I feel... when I started i was jogging (on my treadmill) at about 5.6 on the first day, then 5.8 the second, etc... i did day 1 of week 2 yesterday and i was at 6.2 for the 90 seconds and walking at 3.7 in between.... so.. keep it up!! the heat does suck though, i'm not looking forward to doing it today! good lucky, you can do it!!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Here's some motivation for you. I'm now in week 7 of C25K, 25min. no breaks. I was the exact same way my first day. I couldn't believe how long it took to get a minute done. I thought I would never be able to do a 5K. Now, I love jogging and even look forward to it. Good luck, keep it up, you'll love it!
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm just about to finish week 1, and it definitely feels as if there's a difference between when I started and now! I can't wait until I can run the 5k, and I bet you feel the same! Keep up the good work!
  • CheesaMac
    CheesaMac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not easy in the beginning, but it's well worth it. You'll be able to see your progress pretty quickly and you'll feel great about it. Once you do that 5K you'll be so proud of yourself and amazed at what you can do! I still haven't run a whole 5K yet, but I did complete one within my 45 min time goal in May and I have progressed from where you are now to being able to jog a whole mile - granted, it takes me 12 mins to do it, but I never knew I could! There's nothing like pride as a motivator :-) Keep it up, it does get easier!!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm on wk2d2... and having a tougher time this week. But I don't have proper shoes yet (this wknd!) and my legs are really starting to complain. I'm going to stick with it though! Btw, I am starting at age 60 during a Texas summer. :noway:
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm on wk2d2... and having a tougher time this week. But I don't have proper shoes yet (this wknd!) and my legs are really starting to complain. I'm going to stick with it though! Btw, I am starting at age 60 during a Texas summer. :noway:

Way. To. GO! You're awesome, and once you get those shoes I have faith that you'll be even more inspirational!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats on getting started! I laughed when I saw jog for 60 seconds - I wasn't laughing 20 seconds in to it and was wondering why the guy wasn't telling me to stop yet! Just finished Week 3 right before I rolled over my ankle and hurt it. There's a definitely improvement from Week 1, but even from Day 1 to Day 3...it feels so much easier on Day 3, I just have to remember that when I'm practically ready to quit at the beginning of each week! I'm finding that having a buddy commit to it and run with me REALLY helps me push throughout the run and to make sure I get out there!

Shoes were also the biggest problem for me! It was pretty much trial and error for the first two weeks trying different shoes, insoles, etc! But I've finally got it - happy I didn't have to buy new shoes, but proper insoles were the trick! I went and got full size insoles specifically for stability and over-pronation and now the only thing I'm complaining about during the run is not being able to breathe! *LOL*

Enjoy the program and keep us posted!