New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, I am new to this site. I have been logging my food for 4 days now and so far I have not been tempted to cheat. It is so easy to stay in control if you are actually counting calories. This is something I haven't done before, I have tried weight watchers, slimming world, dukan and fast day diets in the past, but I think that this might be something I can stick to. I only need to lose about 14lbs and my main goal is to lose my wobbly belly for my holiday in 8 weeks time. I am 54, but refuse to give up my beloved bikinis just yet! Just wondered if anybody has any slimming tips and whether daily exercise is vital, as I used to go to the gym 3 times a week, but now only manage to walk the dog daily due to work and home commitments.

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: A daily walk isnt bad. I know it can be hard to get to a gym. I work full time and I am in grad school so I know what it is like to have no time! Make that walk a little brisker and a little longer when you can. There are a lot of good videos or even check out you tube for exercise videos...those are free in your own home. Just a few minutes a day is better than nothing. Take the stairs when you can and park farther away from buildings. There are lots of great ways to sneak in a bit more activity. Those other diets work but in the end when you go off them you gain your weight back.I find this site to be very helpful in that it keeps me mindful of what I am eating and helps me to learn better habits that will stick with me for life. Best of luck!
  • ingridpitts
    ingridpitts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I haven't got much weight to lose, but I seem to have been on a diet my whole life! I plan to start running as soon as we get good weather, I don't fancy running in the cold and snow. I used to run every other day for 5 miles and that was one of the best ways to keep my weight in check. I have also got a crosstrainer, but due to extensive work being done on my house I am unable to use this at the moment. With the thought of my holiday looming I know I will lose some weight and I will definately wear my bikinis! I like being able to work out exactly how many calories I am eating, I have found it quite enlightening. It's also good to get support. Thanks
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    Exercise is pretty key is success with MFP. I like to use Pinterest to get home exercise pyramids that require no equipment but will allow you to burn anywhere from 250-700 calories. I would also make sure to exercise at least 5 days a week or every other day. This way you can eat more when you want and not feel too limited.

Hope this helps!
  • coco8916
    coco8916 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    APPLAUSE!! 14 lbs and you're sticking to it! btw, 54?? u look great and you will see results in no time!