OH NO!!!!!!!

Options
its the weekend and its the 4th of july to on sunday and i have no control on the weekends and we have two bbq's to go to this sunday...HELP.... what do i bring so i dont go off track ...i have been doing so good this week and dont want to threw it out the window...

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this also. This weekend is a test for me too, see if I have the will power to say no at times.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Opting for chicken breast on a bun instead of a burger will help you HUGE on reducing fat.

Bring a BIG veggie tray then you can blindly munch all day and eat very few calories. Make sure to avoid the chips and if there is a cake, have a tiny square or none at all. Plus be sure to check out the low-fat alcohol forum on here for healthy options or just stick to water and diet pop - your liver will thank you ;)

I posted this drink w/ PHOTO on here, try this if you like watermelon:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104050-watermelon-daiquiri-w-photo-2-ww-points

And check out this recipie I posted w/ PHOTO for everyone's Canada Day that you can of course use for Independance day, lol! Black beans will keep you full and oil and avocado will help you get the necessary fat you need. I myself am very fat-deficient on a daily basis and need to stop fearing oil and nuts.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104552-canada-day-photo-south-western-black-bean-salad
  • mkgillette
    Options
    Bring a light salad. Eat the salad, wait for 15minutes then eat some of the BBQ foods. The salad will give you a sense of being full and you won't eat as much of the other things there. Remember it is best to allow your self two cheat meals per week. That way your metabolism will stay stimulated. Have a low carb day on saturday and monday and enjoy on sunday. All of these things will keep you moving towards your goals.
  • kimbishopp
    kimbishopp Posts: 10
    Options
    I say light breakfast, light lunch then calculate what you can eat. If you can eat a burger with cheese and 1 chicken leg then do it and eat them *so slowly* and savour every single little morsel and eek that burger and chicken leg out to last ages and ages. Calories are calories, if they aren't as nutritious as others who cares, live life for two days in a row and take a multivitamin!!!
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For this 4th of July holiday, I have decided that I am going to do my best, but not beat myself up if I fall short. As I continue on this journey toward a healthier me, I have come to the conclusion that being healthy is not about denying yourself. It is about making good decisions most of the time and not feeling guilty when there is an occasion where we have to break from our routine. For me, this means that I am going to steer toward the fruits and vegetables (you know there is always watermelon available at a good 4th of July bbq, LOL) and go easy on the rest of the stuff, but I am going to enjoy myself. Good luck!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Drink a ridiculous amount of water during the day. It's hard to feel hungry when your belly is full of water. It should help at least keep things in moderation :)
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    protion control!!! I have been known to take my 1/2 cup measure with me (at least to family affairs) until I got to know what a correct portion "looked" like..
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Bring whole wheat buns, maybe a string bean salad, a variety of light/fat free chips, a veggie tray, a fruit tray, angel food cake and some berries and maybe a few diet sodas!

OH AND I SECOND BRINGING MEASURING CUPS! :wink:
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    All of these ideas are great. In addition, I recommend making a protein shake or smoothie before attending the events. This is also a way of filling your stomach & with something healthy. This way you are less likely to graze on lots of food, & most likely choose smaller portions as opposed to when you are hungry. The ideas about eating salad, drinking water, & even taking your own container of fresh veggies & fruits are great too! One thing I try to always do for myself in these situations is before putting it on my plate, I ask myself "Is this food REALLY worth the calories?". IT WORKS FOR ME! Sometimes even after taking 1 bite of something, I then realize it is not & refrain from the rest ; )
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    well its saturday and so far so good..good luck to you all as well..lets check back in on monday to see how we all did..have a great 4th of july:drinker: