Meditation

Options
Does anyone here meditate?? If so what benefits do you feel you get from it??

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    yes. peace of mind, relaxation, clarity.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Can u rec any websites or a beginners one on YT.? I would love to try meditation but find it so hard to relax and clear my mind
  • MrsAntiquoY1
    Options
    Yes I gain peace of mind & it helps me set the tone for the day *positive thinking*. It relaxes your whole body.There are alot of videos on Youtube to help you with this if its something you want to do.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The benefits are too numerous. Meditation allows me to focus on the present; de-clutter my mind, alleviating undue anxieties about the future,etc. There are also many different breathing techniques that can help you in different situations (energizing, soothing, cleansing, etc.)
    During my workouts: I try to keep my mind focused on each muscle/body part that I am working on; visualizing each move, paying attention to my breathing. This goes for endurance and weight training. Meditation also teaches us to be mindful. So being aware of what you are eating is another strategy in weight loss; no distractions (TV, computer, cell, etc.).
  • michelejlm
    michelejlm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, It is a must for me to be able to clear my mind and set goals. I also have PTSD and anxiety I use meditation instead of medication! I do "ok" with clearing my mind and visualizing but there is lots of room for improvement/better practice.