OH NO!!!!!!!

Options
its the weekend and its the 4th of july to on sunday and i have no control on the weekends and we have two bbq's to go to this sunday...HELP.... what do i bring so i dont go off track ...i have been doing so good this week and dont want to threw it out the window...

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    1) Enjoy yourself!!!
    2) PORTION PORTION PORTION!!!
    3) Don't go back for seconds or thirds

Also, you might try eating your own healthy food at home before you go to the bbqs so you won't be as hungry or as tempted to pig out on all the bad food.

But trust me, you aren't the only one who will be fighting the urge to give in to temptation this weekend.
  • taalibahdenise
    Options
    Drink lots of water and use MFP Food Diary as a tool:
    For example, if you know they'll probably serve -- hotdogs, macaroni salad, BBQ Chicken, etc -- do a sample food diary to see how many calories, carbs, af fat you'll be eating. Then create a food diary and try to stick to it: EX:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Egg white omelette, wheat toast

Lunch: Whatever you think you will have at the BBQ

Dinner: something light

You should be fine -- also try to get your exercises in b/4 you go.
  • Azadi
    Azadi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I suggest:

Do you know what will be served at the barbecues? Figure out beforehand what you will eat, calculate your portions. Go there with a PLAN and STICK TO IT. Failure to plan is planning to fail.

And remember that we're all behind you... don't apologize to anyone for your food choices. You're trying to be healthy, and that is YOUR prerogative.

And above all, DON'T GIVE UP. Even if you slip a bit (God willing you won't, but if you do) remember you HAVEN'T thrown everything away! You still have all of the time beforehand that you've been eating right. One imperfect weekend does not destroy the work you've done.

Have a good holiday weekend. Try not to obsess over the food, enjoy yourself and be present with the people around you. :)

-AA
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies very well put and i'm going to do that..plan ahead..so this way i dont over do it and still be able to enjoy myself!!