Quiting hCG Diet

Options

Replies

• fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I would never 'push' any eating plan on anyone, but I am currently doing well on the HCG protocol.

One of the most helpful (and seemingly neutral) articles I have recently run across is:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/hcg-diet.htm

Excerpt from page 3:

Regardless, once a person stops the hCG diet, he or she will have to adopt a normal and healthy lifestyle, or the weight's just coming back. Proponents of the hCG diet maintain that the purpose of the diet is to break food addictions and abnormal eating behaviors, and that the month or so of treatment allows a person to do so. In this sense, the diet hopes to achieve short-term weight loss with long-term behavioral modification.

This low calorie eating phase is a temporary step in my permanent 'lifestyle change'.

I am sorry that it didn't work for you, but there are many people that have been successful on this plan.

Just another point of view.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @MTGirl
    get off your high horse on the semantics. my best wishes for the original poster are sincere.

I love riding horses :love:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well after only one week on the hCG diet I am quiting. The food restrictions were manageable but it was making me feel absolutely horrible! Weak and shaky all day with zero energy!! I lost 7 pounds in the first three days of the 500 cal diet but then the 4th & 5th day only lost barely half a pound. So I don't know if the homeopathic hCG just wasn't working and my body was going into starvation mode or what. Either way I think it will just be healthier for my body to do it the old fashioned way counting calories and exercising. If anyone has some good tips to share on loosing as fast as possible that would be great. I get discouraged so easily when I don't see the weight coming off fast. Which is the whole reason why I tried the hCG diet to begin with!

I would love to see you stick with changing your eating and exercise habits so your little one will learn them as they grow. My kids grew up fat because I did not teach them to eat correctly or show them that I exercised! They were all in karate, baseball, football, cheerleading, on and on for THEIR health.......as I sat in the stands scarfing down 2 hot dogs and cokes........holding their happy meals for them.

It is great to lose a few pounds fast............makes us feel like something is happening........but I can tell you from experience, I GOT it! I have been changing my stuff for 2 years and am far from perfect but I GOT it!

My top priority was to get healthy........36 pounds just followed that thought process!

Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt that this hCG thing works. I'm sure it works. But, in my opinion, which won't change--- its unhealthy. Something about eating a VLCD of 500 calories (and only certain foods at that), and having hormones injected (or drops, or patches) just doesn't sound healthy. The only real sources for this stuff is highly uncredible interenet documents and their "official" website also looks rather fishy with all their ads and lack of proper website sourcing and formatting.

In some cases we have to agree to disagree, in the case of the OP she quit hCG because it didn't work for her and she wants advice on how to make a healthy lifestyle work for her and wanted advice on what to do. So, I really don't see the need to keep advertising hCG on this particular thread. If you ask me, there are more than enough hCG threads on this site (unfortunately) to keep all those that are interested satisfied.

Again, to the original poster, I hope that you are able to dig down deep and work hard to accomplish your goals. You will feel such a great sense of satisfaction and achievement as well as so much healthier overall if YOU do this and work hard at it. Your body will thank you for it. :smile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options

My top priority was to get healthy........36 pounds just followed that thought process!

Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou: Jeannie

Amen Jeannie.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I've done EXTENSIVE research into the HCG program (my wife and I start our first protocol Monday) and I've read thousands of reports that the "homeopathic" HCG's just don't work the same.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Why oh why won't these stupid hCG threads ever end. They are like a migraine....annoying and painful. Unless there is well documented research done to prove that this hormone (I'll assume it's a synthetic product) is safe for non-pregnant people then maybe it will be accepted by the medical communtiy. Furthermore, since it is a pregnancy hormone, why is it that women are always trying to lose the baby weight? If it was that wonderful, no woman who gives birth would be over weight.
  • rob1976
    Options
    Why oh why won't these stupid hCG threads ever end. They are like a migraine....annoying and painful. Unless there is well documented research done to prove that this hormone (I'll assume it's a synthetic product) is safe for non-pregnant people then maybe it will be accepted by the medical communtiy. Furthermore, since it is a pregnancy hormone, why is it that women are always trying to lose the baby weight? If it was that wonderful, no woman who gives birth would be over weight.
    HCG threads never end because the results people are seeing never end. The entire HCG program was developed by an M.D., so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Women have difficulty losing baby weight because their body isn't producing the hormone anymore since they're no longer pregnant.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    HCG threads never end because the results people are seeing never end. The entire HCG program was developed by an M.D., so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Being an MD makes them infallible? Anyway, come back in a year and then tell us how well this 'diet' has helped.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    HCG threads never end because the results people are seeing never end. The entire HCG program was developed by an M.D., so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Being an MD makes them infallible? Anyway, come back in a year and then tell us how well this 'diet' has helped.

never mind
  • rob1976
    Options

I completely plan on STILL being here for the next year or yearS (or until a better site comes along, let's be honest) and I will report everything that I am experiencing - good AND bad. I have absolutely no issue with being a guinea pig.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudos on quitting the hcg diet. And others have already said this, but really, you should only be trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Be realistic about your health. You did not gain the weight all at once; it accumulated over time. For you to be successful at losing it and keeping it off, you need to approach it as a lifestyle change, not a diet and not some silly fad to get it off quick. Be smart, eat fewer calories, work out, eat healthy!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Well after only one week on the hCG diet I am quiting. The food restrictions were manageable but it was making me feel absolutely horrible! Weak and shaky all day with zero energy!! I lost 7 pounds in the first three days of the 500 cal diet but then the 4th & 5th day only lost barely half a pound. So I don't know if the homeopathic hCG just wasn't working and my body was going into starvation mode or what. Either way I think it will just be healthier for my body to do it the old fashioned way counting calories and exercising. If anyone has some good tips to share on loosing as fast as possible that would be great. I get discouraged so easily when I don't see the weight coming off fast. Which is the whole reason why I tried the hCG diet to begin with!

As this thread was started by YOU and YOUR experience..........I will just say this.......if you need support to do this in a healthy manner, feel free to PM me.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

As this thread was started by YOU and YOUR experience..........I will just say this.......if you need support to do this in a healthy manner, feel free to PM me.

Listen to Jeannie-she's a great woman who has stuck to doing this life change in the best way possible. Chickie-you rock!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Listen to Jeannie-she's a great woman who has stuck to doing this life change in the best way possible. Chickie-you rock!

:blushing: why thank you! You just made my day!!:flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

You are Marla are two of my fave people on this site along with Banks, Stroutman, WannabaCullen, and several others. Ya'll are my inspiration!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

You are Marla are two of my fave people on this site along with Banks, Stroutman, WannabaCullen, and several others. Ya'll are my inspiration!

Thank you! I had Tamtastic, Banks and Kerrilucko when I first started.......along with others that lost and no longer are here, or are very seldom. they answered all my questions...........and provided the inspiration to keep up the good fight!

I am glad to see I have passed this along!

Cheers to good health!:drinker:
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options

:blushing: Well aren't you a doll! You inspire me too! And Jeannie too! Nothing wrong with a little real food and then sweating it out. But hey, maybe we are the last of the Mohicans......
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I absolutely believe in exercising and a healthy diet - like I said - this particular phase is only temporary.

What I had lost in the last few months was my eating discipline which I feel this diet plan is helping me get back.

to the OP - if you would rather I stayed off your thread, I will certainly do so. I remain, however, very personally pro-HCG.
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Options
    I had no motive except to express my opinion. I don't care if my post helps anyone or not. I don't stand on a hill looking down on people. And I aint here to make people feel good.

I see people desperate enough to inject a hormone in their body and eat 500 calories. That's anorexia. And I will call it such.