Anyone use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the pounds dvd's?

Options

Replies

• syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No, I just go to hiking trails and walk a few miles.
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone workouts. I think they are a great workout for me and I can keep up with all the movements. I have a few of her dvds and I go on you tube and do the 5 mile fat burning walk with the boosts after each mile. I've been doing that one 4 to 5 days a week.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I used it for 131 miles worth in March. I have the mile a day one. I usually do just the first mile, started on the second one which kills my back this month. I use a 2 lb weight in each hand for part of the miles each time to make it work my upper body a bit more. It isn't a killer workout. I don't want it to be. I usually do 2 miles at a time, 3-5 X a day on the days I use it. If I am bicycling or hiking, I usually skip the video. You are welcome to add me. I am around a lot and log stuff pretty much regularly. Once in a while, I can't, so I don't.

ETA-I have been at it just over three years-the eating right and exercising, so I'm obviously going along slow and steady. I have lost 81 pounds so far.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like them. I have several. I really like the Just Walk Ultimate 5 Day Plan- b/c you can set your "playlist" so to speak. There is a group on MFP that are Walk At Home folks.

I recently got a fitbit and wear it through the videos. Before that I had an app on my phone and I'd check my heart rate every few minutes and then average that out per mile and then log walking 4 mph but enter the calories burned based off my sex, weight and age and the average heart rate. I read somewhere that each "mile" burns between 100 and 150 calories for most people.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Also I use the DVDs multiple times a week- feel free to add me if you want to compare notes on the videos we like and progress.
  • CherylAnn38
    CherylAnn38 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use them on a daily basis. Depending on how many steps I've taken during the day with my Fitbit, I'll walk 1, 2 or 3 miles with her. I have about 8 of her tapes so that I can do different ones every day and not get bored. My favorite is the miracle mile. It's great if you don't have a lot of time or if you want to break up your 2 or 3 miles walk. I have two bad knees (no cartilage in either) so her style of walking is perfect for me. They're a great help in my weight loss. I love them.:happy:
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I heard so many good stories about her,so finally I had the chance to get her workouts n I LOVE them !!!I have a few differ ones,so depending on the mood I go a faster or more slower one lol !! Feel free to add me :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds and all of the DVD's I wish she did Zumba one.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think these are really good for people who are just starting, since they are low impact. I did them for about 8 months to build up to harder workouts and still use them on my rest days, between harder workouts.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot, even though my fitness level has increased. If I try to walk outside I don't push myself as hard as I do with her DVD's. Outside I get distracted, want to take pictures of the flowers and the trees, pet the neighbors' dogs and cats, and just stroll along. LOL!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use them when the weather sucks. I like the newer ones that in lots of kickbacks and knee lifts. I'll do the 3 or 5 mile one depending on my mood and time allotment. I'm also training for the AVON walk, so sometimes, I just turn it on to keep pace for an hour or two.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't use it but one of my mfp friends does. She LOVES IT! I keep meaning to buy one and try it. The only reason I haven't is because I tend to not actually workout at home much. From my understanding, you can make it harder or easier if need be. I plan to get it soon though for when I'll miss cardio workouts :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I really love them, I would have to look when I get home as to which ones I have and like best, though.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! She got me started on my fitness safari and kept me going bcuz I was just walking. I'm now into running and Insanity but on my rest days I still pull out her Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD and press play.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    They are good for what they were probably devised for, a work out at home. If I do not want the hasle of having to go out and about that is who I use. I have recommended her to a couple of friends that are just starting out and who have restricted movement.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    My first month that is pretty much all I did went I weighted 285 I was so of shape I didn't want to go to the gym. After a month of doing them mostly the three mile walk I felt comfortable going to the gym and now I don't really do the videos anymore. But yes they are a wonderful starting place!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    This board sparked my interest. Can someone describe what the dvd is like? Do you just walk in place?
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This board sparked my interest. Can someone describe what the dvd is like? Do you just walk in place?

Walking in place, knee lifts, side steps, kicks, and upper body workout as well...
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone videos and I love them. As far as difficulty goes I think the hardest ones I do are the "Walk Away the Pounds for Abs" They have a Walk Away Belt which I have redone with heavy duty bungee cords and it makes it a heck of a walk as well as a real strength training workout. I'm older but I used these many years ago - I still have the VCR tapes. I've lost weight using them and they're not hard on the body so you don't injure your knees like I have with other videos.
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use them 5-6 times a week. Using the 3 and 4 mile tapes.