In need of some support/friends

Options
My name is Elizabeth & I am new to fitness pal, I only have 1 friend so far.. I am looking for friends/support.. My goal is 135 pounds, I started this journey last April 2012 at 240 pounds, I am now 189.6.. My biggest struggle is getting in the workouts & keeping the weight off, last summer I was 162, I gained 28 pounds over the winter.. My biggest issue is that I live in the middle of nowhere & I have no support/friends here! Resources are limited here & the winters are brutal -45 with the wind chill! It is still winter here; we still have lots of snow & really windy/cold days.. Anyway, I would love to meet new people & hear about what has worked best for you...

Replies

• fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hey kahjam, looks like you're in the right place!

Good job on losing all that weight, and getting closer to your fitness goals! Sometimes those slip-ups seem like mountains, but they're just little obstacles that we can jump over :) I would love to be an "online gym buddy" if it helps!
  • ajschust27
    ajschust27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've only been on here for a week. Being able to see how many calories I consume a day is the biggest help in keeping me on track. Still need to fill out my profile though..
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    sauced an invite your way.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and great job on your accomplishments so far! I am always looking for help, and to offer the same, feel free to add me!!! :) I am about 40 pounds in to a 100 pound plus need to lose....Let's do this!!! :)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

way too soon dude
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know what it like to live in a remote area. I was living in Montana the last 2 years. Now I am living on an Island, in Florida, granted I don't deal with the cold, but I don't have a lot of support in the town I live in either. My overall goal is close to yours :)
  • kahjam
    kahjam Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank You everyone :smile: I really appreciate all of your support & encouragement! I really look froward to chatting with & getting to know you all! Thank You, for making me feel welcome :flowerforyou:
  • michelequerry
    michelequerry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, you and are are twins! This is my first day on, my friend told me about this. I too need to lose 50 and am starting at 185. Congratulations on your success so far. I know i can do this, but I struggle with a husband who is no help in the food department. He loves junk and eats it all the time, so I have to fight that. My big struggle is writing down my food so I am hoping this will help and I have to be honest!
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just sent a request!
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area and I know what it's like to not have local friends. A lot of people know me because I'm a bit of a public figure, but I don't know any of them nearly as well as I'd like.

Feel free to add!
  • Jearl75
    Jearl75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone that would like to add me please feel free! We all need all the support we can get!!
  • cherylieboo
    cherylieboo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you all can add me, can definitely do with the support, some friends, tips and menu ideas
  • Tanya28326
    Options

way too soon dude

??? So confused, and curious...
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain with the -40 temps, we hit temps high -50's throughout our winter. I love walking outside but with those temps it makes it hard. Feel free to add me! The more the merrier!!