Subway Diet

I have been on the Subway diet for about a month now and it works awesome! I am continuing to lose just by eating a sandwich for lunch and dinner from their fit menue. And the sandwiches really fill you up and are super healthy. Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    I haven't actually done the Subway diet no, but I've purchased the sandwiches that are part of that diet ( made the way they recommend ) because it fits into my calorie goals.

Hard to go wrong with a sandwich under 400 calories.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    na when I get subway I do the footlongs with the unhealthy items on it.. But its still only 1000 calories.. no problem.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Why not just make your own? Seems like it would save a lot of money.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Why not just make your own? Seems like it would save a lot of money.

have to agree with this
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Subway is a decent choice once in a while for me. They're building one about a 5 minute walk from my office that will be open soon and I'll likely walk over there every so often for a 6 inch turkey (no cheese or mayo with all the veggies). Right now the only places you can really walk to from here are a burger place and fast food Mexican place that aren't really healthy choices so I'm pleased the Subway is coming in.
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    It seems that they make up for the lower calories with astronomical sodium counts.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Not enough protein for the carb counts for me. I count them in the "treat" category, and they just aren't tasty enough for that. I can also make my own sandwiches at home for much better macros, cheaper, and with higher quality meat. That said, all power to you if it is working!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    It seems that they make up for the lower calories with astronomical sodium counts.

Yes - that's what made me find other lunch options instead of just going to Subway every day. Regardless of what bread you choose, there's TONS of sodium in every sandwich.

http://www.nutritionix.com/subway/nutrition-calculator
  • heatherforever222
    heatherforever222 Posts: 26 Member
    I know its probably cheaper to make my own, but I am lazy and I love just to run in there and buy both for $5.00 a day which is all I spend for both lunch and dinner, so in the end, its prolly better than buying all of the veggies and meat and bread that you have to buy. I load up on veggies and believe it or not, the sodium is minimal on their fit sandwiches. When I log in my food they usually stay in the green for both fat, protein, and sodium. Its my hummus that gets my sodium high. But I cant live without it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    The sodium is insane but not my body so don't care.

The question you have to ask yourself is, is this diet sustainable long term?
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Low in calories isn't necessarily healthy .... The salt (sodium) and carb levels are way too high for my liking. What happened to a balanced and varied diet? I'd be bored within 3 days!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 486 Member

This! I LOVE Subway, but it has to be a treat for me!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I have been on the Subway diet for about a month now and it works awesome! I am continuing to lose just by eating a sandwich for lunch and dinner from their fit menue. And the sandwiches really fill you up and are super healthy. Has anyone tried it?

Sounds good to me. I quite like their sandwiches. And I can see it would work as you're eating under your calorie goal, presumably.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    No. I like eating other foods. It's worked pretty well for me. Nothing against subway, but I'd rather have steak, beer, potatoes, cake, and other things in moderation.
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member

^^^^^^ this!!!
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    I eat there once a week or so, but I'd tire quickly at eating there everyday. The only thing I think I could eat 2 meals a day everyday is Mexican food. haha... I do however see where the Subway diet would do you some good as the sandwiches on their Fit menu are low in calories. However, if you monitor your calories there are tons of places you can eat and stay within your calorie goals. But if this is working for you, then congrats! :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    If it's between subway and Mcdo, I'll take subway. But i second the comment about the low protein vs high carbs. I'm trying to balance my macros better than that.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    So, your new diet plan is to be $10 poorer everyday...
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    I just finished my Subway lunch......totally YUMMY!!!! I have lost 25 pounds and I attribute a lot of that to Subway, they have become my go to fast food of choice. And they have become my kids go fast food of choice as well, added bonus! I think if it’s working for you, then stick to it. I have found that it ALL works, you just have to find what works for you.
  • heatherforever222
    heatherforever222 Posts: 26 Member
    It doesnt cost 10 bucks a day, just five. I get a footlong and break it up. I know people that go out to eat and spend $30 bucks on one meal. I think I am going to stick with it until it stops working for me. If I am losing every week than alls good in the neighborhood for me! I think it just depends on the person. If you saw what I ate before this, you'd be like wow, she's come a long way! I also eat tons of fruit and veggies at during the day and a protein bar for breakfast. Based on MFP, my levels are great!