60 days, 12 pounds, subtle changes

Options
Timshel_
Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
Started getting serious about being healtheir and tracking calories/exercise about the second week of Febuary. Aside from 9 days of Spring Break with the family, I have been doing decent in eating and exercise. I started using MFP numbers but found I was always hungry so I figure TDEE and I am probably around -30%, which feels like I am eating a lot and still losing at a steady rate.

So nothing really dramatic like some of the amazing folks I see, but if you are an average person like me, have a few pounds you are looking to lose, and don't want to starve and be a slave to exercise, you can make subtle changes over time.

Some specs if interested:
5'10, 43
Started at 209, but was up to around 220 at one point last year.
Currently at 197.
Goal by the end of April is 190ish.
Goal by the end of May is 180ish.
I don't really worry about the goals as much as how I feel, and I feel pretty good right now at 197 so we will se how it goes!

Set to eat around 1800 calories per day
Sometimes I eat back exercise, sometimes not.
I eat mostly healthier stuff, but burgers, fries, and such aren't cut out. I just moderate or compensate.

I do high intensity interval training for cardio and leg/core strength training, 30-40 minutes, 5 days a week
I do gym strength training, 20 minute sessions, 4 days a week and break up muscle groups (push muscles then pull muscles)
I play tennis (1.5 to 2.5 hours each session) 2 or 3 times a week.
I also *TRY* to do one or two days a week of endurance cardio (long runs of 5 miles or so)
And I mix all of the above up, but keep my main workouts to around an hour so I can fit it in my day instead of lunch.

My biggest thing is ye ol' love handles. Unfortunately those seem to be the last place I am trimming down, but they look a bit less, as well as some toning and such everywhere else.

2months.png

I am excited to see how it all goes. Cheers all.

Replies

• Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great job, Chael!!! You are killin' it, ma nizzle!!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! I can't believe that is only 12 lbs! You definitely can see you have toned up. Your tennis opponents just be quivering in fear when they see you these days! ;) Keep it up my friend!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your hard work is paying off.
  • jbirkett7
    jbirkett7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job, looking good!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's quite a transformation in just 60 days. Congrats on your progress.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Great job, looking great.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wow Chael, that is so awesome!! And that's only 12 lbs?? You definitely are doing all the right things. You wore me out just reading all you do, lol!!
    Keep on doing what you're doing because you are totally kickin' it!!
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing great!! Subtle changes add up to huge ones!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look great:).
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!