Toughts on My Protein source last night after lifting!?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Whats Shakin MFP!!!! Ok so I did some heavy lifting at the gym yesterday...

Dips
Pull ups
Barbell rows
Shrugs
Bicep curls
Leg press

Soooooo I needed some PROTEIN afterwards right!?!? Well Once I got home...I inhaled..........

3/4 lbs of round top trimmed steak......(Pan fried)
1/2 a raw avocado

What are your toughts on this meal??? Did I overdo it on the meat :devil: ?????

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Can never overdue it on the meat. Just sayin'
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as too much meat... but Id make my meal lower in fat and add some carbs there (sweet potato maybe?), your muscles need them!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Nope. I usually put down a pound of chicken post workout
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options

Bahahahaha!!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Nope. I usually put down a pound of chicken post workout

NICE!!!! I felt awesome after eating this and working out!! Like a champ!!!:drinker:
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's great, man!

Maybe you should spread the word to this VEGAN lifter who eats plants after his workouts.... I think he would LOVE to have the same muscles you're building with your exclusive, magical source of protein.

002-e1309306475769.jpg
  • Elias1877
    Options

Dips
    Pull ups
    Barbell rows
    Shrugs
    Bicep curls
    Leg press

Soooooo I needed some PROTEIN afterwards right!?!? Well Once I got home...I inhaled..........

1/2 a raw avocado

meal sounds super boring.

and workout sounds mental.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Just because he is "VEGAN" does not mean he does not have any protein in his meals/snacks. There are other sources of protein.... Just sayin...
    That's great, man!

Maybe you should spread the word to this VEGAN lifter who eats plants after his workouts.... I think he would LOVE to have the same muscles you're building with your exclusive, magical source of protein.

002-e1309306475769.jpg
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That's great, man!

002-e1309306475769.jpg

mmmmmmm...love it when strong vegans represent. sadly, i've got no muscles yet to impress anyone with, but i second this: NO MEAT NEEDED!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Dips
    Pull ups
    Barbell rows
    Shrugs
    Bicep curls
    Leg press

1/2 a raw avocado

meal sounds super boring.

and workout sounds mental.

Thank you for the compliments and great contribution to the thread.:bigsmile:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    That's great, man!

002-e1309306475769.jpg

Dude, thats awesome for that guy. Its cool that hes Vegan and doing his thing. Im doing my thing which is NON vegan. All good in the hood broski!:drinker:
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Dude, thats awesome for that guy. Its cool that hes Vegan and doing his thing. Im doing my thing which is NON vegan. All good in the hood broski!:drinker:
    Bro, colorectal cancer is a serious killer of men in this great country of ours. 95%+ is caused by diet alone.

I know you guys love your chicken and I'm not telling anyone to give it up but when people think it's okay to celebrate having unlimited amounts of meat than that scares me. My heart dropped when I read the stream of replies in this thread. :frown:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    As a member of PETA, (People Eating Tasty Animals), I approve or the OP's meal!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

Bro, colorectal cancer is a serious killer of men in this great country of ours. 95%+ is caused by diet alone.

I know you guys love your chicken and I'm not telling anyone to give it up but when people think it's okay to celebrate having unlimited amounts of meat than that scares me. My heart dropped when I read the stream of replies in this thread. :frown:

Opinion noted. Now carry on.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Hur hur, that's what She said

tumblr_la8cct5YnD1qace781.gif
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Awesome bro!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I eat that much meat and don't lift heavy, or really at all. I suppose that's why I'm here in the first place
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I eat that much meat and don't lift heavy, or really at all. I suppose that's why I'm here in the first place

Lift heavy brahhhh!!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Awesome! :bigsmile:
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just because he is "VEGAN" does not mean he does not have any protein in his meals/snacks. There are other sources of protein.... Just sayin..

Who are the great Vegan athletes and what have they accomplished?