What's up with that? I shouldn't have....

Options
I was bad this morning, I worked out doing some Turbo Jam (that wasn't the bad part), then I started getting ready for work. I opened the cupboard where my scale is hidden, and decided to weigh myself, not my usual weigh in day. I was so mad! My weight is up 4 lbs! Could it be because I worked out before? I drank tons of water after... what would be the reason why that happened???

I was discouraged when I weighed in this past Monday my weight had gone up 2 lbs, but my husband said it was due to what we had for dinner the night before. So when I weighed today and seen it was up even more I wanted to cry!

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Really bad idea to weigh after exercising! You will always be up a couple of lbs. And remember every 8 oz of water you drink weighs 1/2 lb. Maybe wait and recheck in the a.m. before exercising, drinking, etc. Or better yet, on your regular day! Just try to watch the sodium the night before. :flowerforyou:
  • JadeMonroe
    Options
    Girl! Don't get discouraged! I recently started upping my workouts, and about two months ago-my weight went up seven pounds. I could NOT figure out why! I gave it some time, stuck with it, and put the scale away for awhile. I made some minor changes to my diet (I cut out diet coke...which had MANY OTHER benefits and replaced it with herbal tea) and started "zigzagging" my calories (going up to 1600 for two days, then back down to 1200) and the weight fell off! I lost the seven plus two. So focus on accomplishments that aren't a number on the scale. You're taking care of yourself, doing your best, you have a lot of self discipline if you're doing turbo jam everyday (which is a BLAST by the way), and
    fill in the blanks! I'm sure there are many! Our bodies just do freaky things sometimes. Go with the flow, it will come off!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Worst time to weigh is after exercising. You've drank water and your muscles are holding water. Don't worry about it. You weren't supposed to weigh anyway. :wink: