Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Milwaukee = Beer

kvoelz1
kvoelz1 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So...growing up and living in Milwaukee, it is commonplace to sit down and have a beer or two during the summer (or anytime of year, for that matter) on any given day. I would say it's kind of a culture here. Did you try this new microbrew? That new Lakefront beer is awesome! etc. Go to a family function..."want a beer?" Go to Summerfest..."want a beer?" It's Tuesday..."want a beer"? So all this is normal for me...but is not good for my diet! I have been doing it up a little more than usual lately. Long and short of it is that I need some ideas of tasty low cal fun drinks to enjoy while everyone else is chuggin down their beers!

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    I need to move to Milwaukee. :drinker:
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    I feel your pain, sister. There's just nothing like a cold beer!!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    If you still are looking for booze... Here's my summer options currently:

Margarita: Shot of tequila on rocks, splash triple sec/ grand marnier, and a couple lime wedges. (Note there's no sour mix!)

Rum n diet coke, with lime wedges. haha or Jack n diet.

Vodka n club soda with lime/lemon wedges

Wine

The limes really help make it not taste diet, at least in my option. I don't feel bad about these because I'm more worried about the carbs in the beer than calorie counts.

PS- You're not alone, it's summer. Everyone is out back drinkin a beer. :) So I feel your pain, I'm a beer snob. hehe
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    I drink flavored vodkas with sprite zero, Use cherry vodka and it like a grownup Shirley Temple and still quite refreshing.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I drink flavored vodkas with sprite zero, Use cherry vodka and it like a grownup Shirley Temple and still quite refreshing.

omg I totally forgot about cherry vodka and sprite...yup! I can't wait to get out of work today now. hehe
  • kvoelz1
    kvoelz1 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks all for your responses! I will try out a few of these ideas this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.