I'm back and trying again

Options
Well I am back and trying again. I've been here before but always let myself down. I need to lose at least 40 pounds. I have a thyroid issue and my levels currently are at 3 (I know I feel better around 1 but doc isn't budging on changing meds. So, I need to bump things up on my own I suppose. I'm really hoping I can do it this time.:happy:

Replies

• prettynotpretty
    Options
    Welcome back!! I hope you find success here this time. Never give up, you can do this! :)
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm working with one thyroid. I had my left side taken out over 3 years ago. I have been a major yo-yo with the weight gain and weight loss. It's been terrible. BUT this time around I mean BUSINESS! I even joined the gym. I figure, I wouldn't pay for something and NOT use it to its full potential. I wish you the best of luck with your 40# weight loss goal. I have at least 60# to lose. Idealistically I need to lose 75#. GOOD LUCK and WELCOME BACK!
  • losbeatlesmolan
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism!!!! And I managed to drop down to my current weight with which I am very happy :D this being said, it wasn't easy but everything is possible!!!
  • nannyal
    nannyal Posts: 50
    Options
    I tried 3 times before i really got underway. Good luck, keep trying.:smile:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I joined a month after you did the first time. I'm on my third time here.

I have a thyroid issue, too, and the doc won't up my meds, either, as they are keeping the levels "fine" according to the doc, so I can't even use that as an excuse. That lazy thing? Yeah...that's what happened to me.

I started out at 192 this go around, knowing that I had 47 pounds to lose if I wanted to hit my original goal weight of 145.

The first two times, I didn't know a thing about BMR and TDEE and any of that, and after having stumbled on the "In Place of a Roadmap" thread about three or four weeks in this go around, I learned why I plateaued the first time (I logged consistently for several months, and stalled at 164 or something near there), eating 1200 or so calories and trying not to eat exercise calories back. This time, I'm eating a fair amount of calories, discovered heavy lifting, and am rethinking that my goal weight should be somewhere between 150 and 155 so that my BMI can be a healthy 20-21%. I take more joy in measurements than I do in scale numbers (altho, I AM always happy to see that number get smaller).

You can DO this!!!!
  • Mumsiesdiet
    Options
    Hi, I am back again too! lets hope we both do well this time. I have a degenerative spine so am not able to do too much excercise but I am determined to cut down my calorie intake, that hopefully will make a difference.:smile:
  • cnbrooks03
    cnbrooks03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm back again for the 2nd time. I'll lose a few pounds and then just stop excercising and pick back up my old eating habits. I'm finally ready for a change!