Moving from Toronto to Tucson

Options
Any suggestions on a gym to join? I'll be in the "foothills of the foothills" and the office is downtown (like..N.Stone and Pennington). I'm looking for a place with a pool and Les Mills classes:)

Would love any gym referrals you have or any suggestions about living in Tucson lol - i'm in for a big adjustment!!

Thanks,
xo

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    WOW! I admit I had to google Tuscan to see where it was (the ignorant Brit that I am :-) ) but that is a BIG move from Toronto! Obviously, in view of my ignorance, I can't offer any advice at all on gyms :laugh: but I just wanted to say "WOW!" and "How exciting! (But also a little scary!)"Now I have all sorts of other questions, like "When? Why?" etc! So wish there was a "chat" feature on MFP!
  • TimeWarp9
    TimeWarp9 Posts: 91
    Options
    I can't offer any advice on gyms, but I spent several weeks in the Tucson area for training and absolutely love it there! I was ready to move until one of my training courses went into June and I got a taste of how 'warm' it can get.I was so excited to see plants and animals out there that we just don't have on the east coast. If you like hiking (or just plain old nature walks) there are so many options in and around Tucson. Apparently, golf is huge there, too. You will have much more opportunity for outdoor activities due to the warm temps - although during the heat of the summer you might need to stay inside. The university is right there downtown and they probably have some very nice facilities - don't know if they would be open to the public, though.

Wishing I was going! :smile:
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So envious....my parents lived there most of the 1990's, moved from Calgary, Alberta there when my Mom was transferred by her employer. My Dad graduated from the University of Arizona 50 years ago and I still have family living in Tucson.

I love Arizona, it's so beautiful there!!!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    University of Arizona has a really nice gym. Most colleges have membership plans for people who aren't affiliated with the university. If you join, maybe you can do me a favor and kick my ex in the nuts for me ;)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    now that is a very different change, hope you like it there,,,,, well anything is better thenTO