40yr old mom. Always busy & tired. Trying to be less jiggly.

Options
Hi there! I'm new. Still trying to figure things out... Well, new-ISH. I joined last year and did it casually but casual is just not good enough anymore. :(

I'm short, so pounds add up quick. I generally have no willpower and a you-can-take-a-break kind of attitude. However, last year with my impending "big" bday, I taught myself to run in a few months with Couch 2 5k. I went from not able to run even 1/4 mile to finishing my first 5k in 37 min 3 days before turning 40. Super proud of this... and I WILL stick with it.

Now I'm trying to work on my food intake since I can't get away with what i used to!

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I SO relate! Weight was never an issue with me til I hit very late 30's. Kinda stinks :grumble: I am just over 5ft 1 and every lb shows, mostly goes right to my butt and thighs. I ran my first 5K when I was just about 40 and have ran several since. Sadly my knees aren't what they were when I ran back in high school and college so I can't run nearly as much as I'd like. I have no willpower either, but since joining on here a couple of years ago, logging really makes a huge difference for me.
    Enjoy your first race and don't be surprised if you finish faster than you think you will! The adrenalin of a race always makes me faster than my training time. yay for you!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a 41 year old mom of two boys who works full-time outside the home. AND I'm short 5'1". I'm on every day and always willing to lend lots of support and encouragement.
  • ladyillusionist
    ladyillusionist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You gals sound just like me! 5'2, small frame, so every pound does show--- and I've managed to put on 20 lbs. My first goal is to lose 10 (I've lost 4.5 the last couple of days-- YAY!), and then to re-evaluate maybe another 10. I'm also 46, proud mom to a 19 year old, and ready to hit this weight loss thing hard. I can have willpower short-term if I really force myself, but have problems with sticking to it long-term. Would love some help on this! :)
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posts & encouragement! This healthy stuff is hard. lol
  • janl3
    janl3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I, too, am a shorty who's trying to lose some of the weight that's accumulated over the years! lol My "big" bday is coming and I'm needing to make some changes! I'm trying hard to adjust my diet as I'm not a big fruit and veggie eater..so trying to add that to my days has been a challenge. I know that until I'm able to do that more, the weight won't come off any faster. I'm now exercising on a daily basis, even if it's walking, so I'm trying! It's nice to see posts of people you can relate too! :smile:
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I know how you feel. I tried MFP in the past but fell off the wagon, I plan on sticking around this time :)
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm just like you. I'm only 5"0 and am turning 40 in June. I have two kids and just stopped working in January to stay at home. You wouldn't believe how much junk I consumed prior to February. Feel free to friend me.

SW: 135 (I lost 5 lbs before starting MFP)
    CW: 128
    Ideal weight: 120