Change goals as you lose weight

Options
I just was checking my goal page on MFP and noticed that I hadn't changed my current weight since about 10 lbs ago. When I changed it, of course my daily calorie goal dropped down (only about 40 calories). This makes sense. I know that as I lose weight, my BMR will go down a bit. Has anyone else recently updated their goal page and noticed something similar? If you haven't changed it and have lost some weight in the last few months, you may want to update it!

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Mine automatically updates when I "check-in". If you are keeping your weight updated then it should automatically update your calorie goals.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    wait.. my current weight on my goals setting is right tho?!
  • little_miss_very_bad
    little_miss_very_bad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just tried to update my goals as I have lost 12lbs, but it still says my intake should be 1200 - the same as when I started. Is this correct or have I not updated them correctly?
    x
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    MFP will not put you below 1200 calories. You shouldn't be eating less than that unless under a Dr.s orders. It might take you a little longer to lose, but it will be done healthily.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My doesn't change on its own, I have to go to where my goals are and then it will give me my new calories/day.
  • erinliz
    erinliz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't seem to update on it's own either. I have been entering my new weights, but it didn't seem to transfer over to my goal page. I guess it's more of a technical question.....although it's not a problem to manually update the goals every so often.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't update either even though whenever I lose ten pounds, MFP asks if I'd like to update my calorie goals. Then, I click "yes" and nope, nothing changes. :) I guess I have to update it all on my own. What a pain in the butt... Just kidding, lol! I love MFP!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I dod the same thing. I clicked yes and nothing changed....but I also made some other modifications when going to the goals page, so no big deal.. :laugh: