Started Insanity Month 2

Options
jaina08
jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
For those of you who are doing or have done Insanity how fast did you lose the weight on Month 2? I only lost about 5 pounds on Month 1 which didn't really satisfy me... But comparing my pictures shows a difference which is a plus. I'm not really sure if I only lost 5 pounds because I think my starting weight was around 136 lbs and it went down to 130.6 lbs. But my starting weight used to fluctuate between 134-139 lbs so I honestly don't know how much I really lost. If the 139lbs counts as my starting weight then I guess I lost more? Like 9 lbs? I really don't know... I was actually very active before I did Insanity and lost about 25 pounds on my own at the gym and then I was at a plateau. Once I started Insanity and eating much healthier than before, the weighing scale started to slowly go down which was a shock to me because it's probably been a year since I have seen my weight drop. How fast does the weight shed off on month 2? I have finished 3 days already and I am really really hoping that I will lose a lot more. I'm trying to lose at least 4 more inches off my waist (hopefully 7 in IF possible). I am currently at 130 lbs and aiming for 120 lbs with muscle. I think I am a bit overweight for a girl who's 5'1.

Replies

• jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I made it to the second week in month 2...I lost weight the first three weeks and stalled...this was like 2+ yrs ago though...I ended up being always hungry in the second phase and ate more than I was...maybe thats why.....people hate when I say this but insanity is a little too intense...its great for endurance...but for weight loss I dont know.....I think if your in great shape and just want to lose the last 5 Ibs then its great.....I found better results with wieght training and simple cardio
  • JeffFromSC
    Options
    Been thinking about doing Insanity, but everyone seems to say it is about definition and not really lbs lost. I just wonder if my gym membership will be wasted if I do the program at home. Doing that program for 5-6 hours per week - will I have anything left for the gym?
  • Amberry123
    Amberry123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity for the second time and I'm in month 2. The first time was like 2 years ago and I was like you and lost only a little the first month but I didn't lose much more the second month so much as gained muscle and lost inches. I didn't really think I lost anything at first but my before and after pics were pretty impressive. So I think that you should focus more on the inches rather then the weight. Remember muscle takes up less space then fat fat does so you may be losing a ton of fat and replacing it with muscle but the actual number on the scale isn't going to move.

I'm actually doing Insanity for the second time to see if I can get different result now that I have more understanding of nutrition (I'm a nutritionist now) and I will say this: nutrition is very important with this program. You know how in the book it says you may have to up your calories in the second month? The definitely aren't lying. My metabolism has gone up like crazy and so has my BMR. It's very important to get your nutrition in line to see any results. So I think for the best results you should recalculate and adjust your calories to see the pounds go but either way you should lose the inches. The program is designed for results, trust the process and it will work.
  • divine2701
    Options
    Hi.. I am new to the this site and have just began insanity, week one! it had been collecting dust :blushing: I think with some mixture of cardio you will be able to see changes at a faster rate, those are my plans rather that 6 days straight of insanity throw in two days of cardio. I will update you once I start to drop weight. :smile: