5'6" just over 60lbs lost and met my first goal!

Options
So after 235 days I have met my first goal. I have dropped below 175lbs for the first time since high school. I wanted a realistic goal to start and I thought once I got here I would see if I could keep going. I've wanted to lose weight for FOREVER, but it wasn't until I went on a work sponsored trip with a co-worker that I realized how much I wanted this. After a week in New Orleans hearing how gorgeous my friend was from the most random people I decided I was tired of feeling fat. (She is indeed beautiful but all the same it was really difficult to hear night after night.) I came home and while working 70+ hours a week with a husband and 4 year old at home I was able to change my exercise and eating habits. (Don't ever tell yourself you don't have time to take care of yourself.) This has never felt like a diet so that has truly helped me stick to my goals. Now that I've gone this far it seems silly to not keep working hard. I never thought I could love working out so much but I really feel the best after hitting the gym. So as my first post this is my before and during.
Rachelnola_zps9a7ed776.jpgac870f40-5cc4-4e2e-a447-82394c66e2d1_zpsd7e248ed.jpg

Replies

• bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! You're a great motivation!!
    Congratulations!!!
  • bvddj
    bvddj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm jealous of everyone's success stories, that's what is making me loose weight and the transformations! No one even looks the same! You're beautiful.
  • SunSmellsTooLoud
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. :happy:
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. Plus I love your dress :happy:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Beautiful dress (both).
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Way to go, my friend! You look incredible and what a great success story! Keep up the great work and positive attitude.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are looking amazing!!
  • lovesbikes
    lovesbikes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow that is an amazing transformation. You look beautiful :-)
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Congrats!!! Way to knock the first goal out the park. 5'6" ladies rock!!!!
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You Look amazing!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well, wowzer! You look beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • dove100
    dove100 Posts: 8
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!! Keep up the skinny. You look great! And I bet you feel even better
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The first picture is actually very flattering (love your dress) but you look so fit and beautiful in the progress pick. Congrats!!!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You're arms are looking great! Love the dress too! Keep up the fabulous work, you deserve it!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person...WTG! Isn't trying on dresses FUN now? ;)
  • bywhim
    bywhim Posts: 10
    Options
    WOW!! So excited to hear from all of you! And yes, trying on dresses is more fun that it's ever been. But honestly, everything is more fun now, even work. I feel a lot better about myself these days and want to keep it up. I actually love group fitness now at the gym and find myself having the best time with some amazing people.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!! Congratulations! that is a GREAT story and GREAT motivation!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    You're gorgeous, and you look about 10 years younger!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Before and after! Awesome dedication! Awesome story! Congratulations on changing yourself into who you want to be! Also. I love BOTH dresses!! LOL (ohhh and the one on the hanger!! LOL)
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!!!!! Congratulations on your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!