Hi. Hope to help and be helped :)

Options
Hello all,

My name is Desiree from Denver, Colorado.

I used to be a cross-country runner and ice hockey player (i.e., I could anything I want and was even enouraged to salt my food [to retain water before a long run] and carbo-load).

Now... I'm not. But I am engaged! And I'm trying to lose 25 pounds for my wedding.

I work one full-time job and one part-time job, so I'm pretty busy. Not to mention, the part-time job is as a bartender, so I am well aware that my beer-and-shot combo at the end of the shift adds up (and then some).

I'm just looking for some friends, some support, and hopefully--one of these days--I can pay it forward and be somebody else's friend and support!

Thanks for "listening!"

Replies

• fitnimbus
    Options
    welcome aboard! My name is Jessica and Im new here too and looking for some support. Add me as a friend if you want to and I can help out in anyway I can!
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm new and looking for support! I started working out a few months ago, but after realizing I had GAINED 13 pounds when trying to "just eat better while I work out," I realized I needed to keep a food journal and make sure that I stick to my 1200 calories a day. Three days into tracking now...

Congratulations on your engagement! When are you hoping to lose the weight by?
  • samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    oh! precious alcohol, how I love you as much as I hate you!
    welcome to mfp! You'll find some great support here! add me if you'd like!
    Sami
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I love having friends!
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am the head cook at a bar. I know the pitfalls a bar can offer. Will power is the key ingredient when working around all the food and alcohol. Support helps.

2 of my bartenders and myself have started a group to encourge and support each other.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate :) I keep my diary open, and I am on here often to motivate. Add if you would like :)
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement!! I just had my 2nd year anniversary so I still remember the struggle to get on track for all those wedding photos. I got married in Cuba on the beach so I really had to hop to it lol. Anyway please feel free to add me. I also find the supprt helpful as well as giving it :)
  • octobernightfall
    octobernightfall Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Diana! Feel free to add me :D My diary is open!
  • ChoklitCherry
    ChoklitCherry Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like...congrats on the wedding :happy: