think ive hit a wall

Options
hi all...im hoping some of u lovely people will be able to advice me......since january 23rd ive lost 2 and half stone...varying from 2lbs a week to sometimes 5lbs a week.....im eating between 1300 calories and my highest 1500 calories a day...i do exercise throughout the week on my exercise bike and workout dvd and generally more active than i ever was.....my problem is that this week despite doing all of the above i havent lost anything and feel very despondant......what do i need to do now?...cut down my calorie intake further or up my exercise each day?....thankyou for any advice in advance...regards lorraine

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Or just be patient might work. Weight loss is not guaranteed each week.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything in several weeks. Plateaus happen....but its only been a week for you. This is a life plan so I keep going one day at a time. Eventually, the weight will start coming off again. I agree...just be patient. :)
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stay the course and don't lower your calories. Your body needs a certain amount to just function and with exercise you are using even more.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    for the americans, that's 35lbs in just over two months....

hmm.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've been hovering at around 220 lb for a few weeks. Continue what you are doing for 4 weeks. Then, if weight, measurements, and progress pics compared to 4 weeks ago show no progress have a further look at it. It could be water weight from sodium or exercise. It could be natural weight fluctuations. It could be combined lean mass gains and fat loss. If it is water weight, it should even out in the long run.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Or just be patient might work. Weight loss is not guaranteed each week.

This. You're making incredible progress. Weight tends to fall off first early on. Slows down later. That's normal.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options

hmm.

Wow. It's taken me a year to lose about 30 lbs. I guess maybe starting weight might have something to do with it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

hmm.

Hmm...yeah! Didn't realize that. And here I am....9 1/2 months and only 49 pounds lost. And very satisfied. :)
  • JessicaNicoleSo
    Options
    As someone who worked in an athletic club, trainers often suggest uping calories by a few and then head down again. I think it's kinda dumb but also they suggest detoxing, lots of success for me and other using that method.

24760487.png
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's been working well for you, so don't do anything for at least 2 more weeks. If no change then, start tweaking things. IMHO.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

hmm.

Wow. It's taken me a year to lose about 30 lbs. I guess maybe starting weight might have something to do with it.

OMG I'm glad I'm not the only person who has taken a year to lose 30 lbs!

Although, I don't think this year will be as successful. It's been 6 months since my 1-year on MFP date, and I haven't lost a thing :grumble:
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    lol sample size
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think 35 lbs. is very good in two months!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Last month, I had a big (for me) loss of 3+ pounds the first week of the month, then I stayed virtually the same for 3 weeks. Kept doing the same things I was doing (1500-2200 cals a day) and last week I lost a pound and this week I lost over a pound so things are right back on track.
  • lorraineknight7
    Options
    Thankyou everyone...I will most certainly keep at it,
    I guess I got quite used to seeing the weight
    come off over the last few weeks,I'm more determined
    then ever to see this through to the end...for myself,
    my daughters and my hubby....I have learnt
    alot on the way so far about myself ....
    Good luck to u all too and don't give up...
    Regards
    Lorraine