How often do you replace your running shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgzgbzC9i4&list=FLqYl5lJFLyD4VLihoUo_h9A

worth watching - podiatrist talking about how to tell when you need to replace your running shoes.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh my it looks like I'm odd man out! I think every 3-4 months depending on what I'm doing. When I get new gym shoes I use the old ones for everyday & my everyday shoes are used for yard work. Usually I getnew shoes because my everyday ones are giving me aches & pains - not because my gym shoes are worn out. I buy Brooks so I cant afford to just toss them.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I currently have 3 pairs, 1 for running, 1 for indoor cardio and a new pair ready to go (sale was on). I swap the runners for the indoor pair and use the spare indoors after 5-600 miles, mizuno wave inspire 8s for me
  • TJTempleton
    TJTempleton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After a couple hundred miles I pay close attention to my feet and knees. Just don't wait too long. Believe me it is NOT worth it!
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    Also, there's an app called "Shoedometer" that is great if you have a smartphone.

I can not find this app??
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This got posted to wrong place. I was trying to reply to the person wanting to convince her hubby that she needs new shoes. And MFP won't let me delete the wrong post.

Just tell him that you are protecting your joints... :bigsmile:
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the shoe. Some only last 200 miles or so, others around 500. Once they hit 200, I start being on the alert for new aches and pains that might signal that the shoe is breaking down. But as long as they feel okay, I keep using them.

^^^ Yes.

^^^Agreed :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the shoe. Some only last 200 miles or so, others around 500. Once they hit 200, I start being on the alert for new aches and pains that might signal that the shoe is breaking down. But as long as they feel okay, I keep using them.

I really need to keep track of my mileage!

No you don't ( unless you want too) Just keep track of when it starts hurting. you do two or 3 runs in a row where something bothers you or it just don't feel right. its probably time
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at new Saucony's today and am trying to figure out how to convince hubby that it is a matter of need and not just the pretty color! LOL!

Saucony's are ALWAYS a need!! :laugh: :wink: I :heart: mine! lol
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i really must get some new running shoes!!!! ive had my asics for nearly 2 yrs :-/
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I seem to need to replace them every 4-5 months.
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Totally agree with this. If you are putting on those miles running, the best thing you can do for yourself is go to a speciality running store and have your gait assessed; it may help prolong the life of your shoes if you get the proper fit. Dailymile.com is a great place to track the miles.