supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    This site has an amazing message board for those with mental illness:
    http://crazyboards.org

Best of luck to you! (((Hugs)))
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Knowing it's going to take help, asking for help, and accepting help are all really important steps that you're already taking. I'm a huge proponent of therapy, and I'm so glad to see that you're going. Be honest with your therapist, take medication as scheduled, report any difficulties from it, and I believe you'll keep going in the right direction and keep recovering.

You deserve love. You deserve to feel good about yourself again. And you deserve to be free of the negative impulse thoughts that you've been having.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who said kind words! :) It is nice to know that I am loved by some friends and some strangers!! Thank you.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a friend request, because I understand your struggle. I've been there, I've experienced severe childhood trauma, extreme domestic violence as a young woman, and subsequent mental illness. However, my life now is AMAZING and I've been stable for many years now. I believe you can have this too! :flowerforyou:
  • FLCANDI81
    FLCANDI81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you... but I have faith in you. You can do it. I promise, one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. I am praying for you. <3
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have faith in you. It was a huge step to come on here and spill your guts about everything. Do what you know is right, what will be best for you, your daughter, and your new family and all will be well. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. And your more than welcome to friend me on here for support :flowerforyou:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You are strong and brave more then you know. It takes an amazing person to admit and come clean about their wrong doings and the role they played in their life when they've had a ****ty one. Thankfully you are alive. Being alive means its never too late to change things. You can't change the the past part of story but you can change the future. I hope you get the help you need. I hope you find the happiness you seek, I suggest you look internally because people can hurt us but we control our feelings and thoughts (the medication should help this too). Good luck in the future. I hope you find peace with the past so that you can have a better future. All the bad things that you have encounter have brought you to this point, this moment. Its hard to say if you would have the blessings that you do have with out going through what you went through. Your blessings are your grandparents, your child, your fiancé, and (now that she's not a slave to her addiction) your mom. Remember when you are mad at your mom, she too suffers from a mental illness from her addictions. If she can change so can you. Sometime our pasts are brutal so our future can be bright. We must learn from ****ty events and use the knowledge to change our future. It's all up to you. You can spend your life being sad about your past and blaming the past. Or you can spend your life in the present and look forward to the future.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    When we become parents, it's really, really easy to be parents just like our parents were, because that's really the only example we have.

It takes mindfulness to avoid the mistakes our own parents made, but it is something you can do -- it takes thinking through your words and actions. Even if you can't always do it right at the moment; you can always apologize if you messed up (I did -- and it was something my kids very much appreciated as well as teaching them that it's OK to take responsibility for your own actions).

Good luck, and take your medication!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Paige,
    My stepdaughter is 32 & had never really dealt with anxiety, depression, & past unhappy events of her life. I will share with you that just today she has finished an intense outpatient program. She needed to do this for her two little boys which sadly they are developing or have some of the problems they have watched her go through. You don't want your daughter to struggle. Please do what you have to complete your healthy journey. You deserve it, your child deserves you, & your fiance' deserves good too. Advice to my stepdaughter was we cant pick our parents but we can pick our legacy & live happy & healthy.
    Add me as a friend if you like. I am glad to support you. I also have depression so i understand some of those issues too.
  • mcharping
    Options
    Just for the record I took the time to read your story. Your ability to communicate tells me you are very intelligent. I have been through depression and even cancer. I'm here to tell you that you can work through it. It's not easy but it sounds like you are getting it together and making some positive steps.

I don't know if it's available in your area but Cognitive Behavior Therapy will help you to identify and work to correct irrational thoughts. Sounds like you have a lot of thoughts about yourself that are not true. Keep working on your recovery and I look forward to hearing your continued recovery. I'm on your side.
  • BrendaMay70
    BrendaMay70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Paige,
    My heart goes out to you. YOU are a beautiful person. You are a fighter and you will persevere. There are so many people here to support you and love you and one day you will love and accept yourself. Keep up the fight, your daily posts are an inspiration to me and many others.
  • abrodniak
    abrodniak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we have a lot in common. You can overcome your past. I know, because I have overcome mine. Add me as a friend if you'd like. Whether you do or not, though, you need to take those meds!