5'6" just over 60lbs lost and met my first goal!

So after 235 days I have met my first goal. I have dropped below 175lbs for the first time since high school. I wanted a realistic goal to start and I thought once I got here I would see if I could keep going. I've wanted to lose weight for FOREVER, but it wasn't until I went on a work sponsored trip with a co-worker that I realized how much I wanted this. After a week in New Orleans hearing how gorgeous my friend was from the most random people I decided I was tired of feeling fat. (She is indeed beautiful but all the same it was really difficult to hear night after night.) I came home and while working 70+ hours a week with a husband and 4 year old at home I was able to change my exercise and eating habits. (Don't ever tell yourself you don't have time to take care of yourself.) This has never felt like a diet so that has truly helped me stick to my goals. Now that I've gone this far it seems silly to not keep working hard. I never thought I could love working out so much but I really feel the best after hitting the gym. So as my first post this is my before and during.
Rachelnola_zps9a7ed776.jpgac870f40-5cc4-4e2e-a447-82394c66e2d1_zpsd7e248ed.jpg

Replies

• bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    You look FANTASTIC! You're a great motivation!!
    Congratulations!!!
  • bvddj
    bvddj Posts: 21 Member
    You look awesome! I'm jealous of everyone's success stories, that's what is making me loose weight and the transformations! No one even looks the same! You're beautiful.
  • You look amazing! Great job. :happy:
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Fantastic job. Plus I love your dress :happy:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    You look fantastic! Beautiful dress (both).
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Way to go, my friend! You look incredible and what a great success story! Keep up the great work and positive attitude.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Congratulations!!! You are looking amazing!!
  • Congrats!!! Way to knock the first goal out the park. 5'6" ladies rock!!!!
  • lovesbikes
    lovesbikes Posts: 26 Member
    Wow that is an amazing transformation. You look beautiful :-)
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    You Look amazing!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Well, wowzer! You look beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • dove100
    dove100 Posts: 8
    AWESOME!!!!!!! Keep up the skinny. You look great! And I bet you feel even better
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 89 Member
    The first picture is actually very flattering (love your dress) but you look so fit and beautiful in the progress pick. Congrats!!!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    You're arms are looking great! Love the dress too! Keep up the fabulous work, you deserve it!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,202 Member
    You look like a different person...WTG! Isn't trying on dresses FUN now? ;)
  • bywhim
    bywhim Posts: 10
    WOW!! So excited to hear from all of you! And yes, trying on dresses is more fun that it's ever been. But honestly, everything is more fun now, even work. I feel a lot better about myself these days and want to keep it up. I actually love group fitness now at the gym and find myself having the best time with some amazing people.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    You are beautiful!!! Congratulations! that is a GREAT story and GREAT motivation!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    You're gorgeous, and you look about 10 years younger!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    You are beautiful! Before and after! Awesome dedication! Awesome story! Congratulations on changing yourself into who you want to be! Also. I love BOTH dresses!! LOL (ohhh and the one on the hanger!! LOL)
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    you look AMAZING!!!!!! Congratulations on your success!!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Looking good!
  • rbledsoe03
    rbledsoe03 Posts: 12 Member
    Great job, and wonderful transformation! Congrats on meeting your first goal, you look amazing.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Gorgeous! Way to go!
  • Amazing!! You look Beautiful- congratulations!!
  • KB1ofaKind
    KB1ofaKind Posts: 12 Member
    Wow! You look great! I'm also 5'6" with an initial goal of 175lbs. I haven't been that weight since high school either, so I'm glad to see your progress. Thanks for sharing.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    You have done an amazing job! You are very pretty!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Now you are the beautiful one! Congratulations on your progress so far. Doesn't it make nearly every aspect of your life just a little bit better?
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    You look fantastic!!!! Awesome job!!! So happy for you!!!!
  • mygreatgoal
    mygreatgoal Posts: 17 Member
    You're so beautiful! Great job! And I also like your choice of prints on dresses.
  • Oh my that's amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!