2 week sugar detox

Options
My aunt is a nutritionist and she recoomened me to do this for 2+ weeks....i'm willing to do it for 2 weeks lol. Anyone else ever heard of this?
It is a little like any other addictive substance, there is a period of time that you must endure, to make the cravings subside. Two weeks should do it, if you go cold turkey without any sugar. And yes, honey, syrup....... is considered ... See Moresugar. The fruits like bananas, water-mellon, & grapes are higher in sugar content than berries. But, in my opinion - I would rather see you use fruit to sweeten, than sugar or honey. The sweeteners that are on the low-glycemic index (that don't spike your insulin levels) are: Stevia, Xylitol, Lundburg's Brown rice syrup, & Agave. I don't know which one is the cheapest. But don't overload on any of these, overloading causes problems.
When you have successfully weaned yourself from sugar, things like plain cinnamon will actually taste sweet to you. Sometimes I use it for my sugar, especially in my healthy cereal.
Another thing you need to watch out for is milk. The lower the fat content - the higher the sugar content. What I have been learning from my Chiropractor/Nutritionist and other sources, is that sugar seems to be the problem child - not necessarily the fat. That is a whole other detailed topic in itself. So it is best to choose the things GOD made, the way HE made them. Try to stay away from packaged stuff. I am learning this too. Hope this helps, but is not overwhelming.

Replies

• Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    :mad: sugar is the devil. ...I need to detox from it but I keep getting sucked back in...lol. Im going to do this! I can do it!!!!
  • aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    I did a one week sugar detox. It totally helped me break my sugar cravings!
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    i've been on it for a day now lol....its hard to resist but she promised a big weight loss if i could.
  • aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    oh yeah..i did that for a week and then started eating low fat low calorie, tracking my calories here and excercising daily. Ive lost 3 lbs in one week..the biggest difference for me is i dont crave sugar like idid before. That was my downfall
  • msforeverfaithful
    msforeverfaithful Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    oh yes...the detox definitely works!!!!! everything you heard proved true when I did a sugar detox for only 3 days. I lost 4 lbs at 167. the only downfall is that if you have a period of sugar indulgence longer than a day or two you will see the weight return quickly.

happy detoxing!
  • hawaiibound
    Options
    I'm hoping to loose the last 15lbs i need to...once there maintaing usually isn't a problem for me lol i plateau very well haha....the problem is that i have a 5&4 year old a birthday party tomorrow...how can i stay away from sugar when going out to eat?
  • hawaiibound
    Options
    i'm going out to eat with my family tonite....what can I eat?
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i'm going out to eat with my family tonite....what can I eat?

Eat a salad with balsamic dressing on the side. The dressing has almost no sugar. If not that just have them put olive oil in a side cup to put on your salad and add some Parmesan.

or have a piece of chicken with steamed veggies!