Hi, new :)

Options
I'm new... Well... sort of.
I've had MFP since the new year, but I ABSOLUTELY was not taking things seriously until recently. I had changed my diet a bit, but exercise more than normal activity was unheard of.

So, now, taking this serious... Eating cleanly, doing the thirty day squat challenge, and throwing in a hodge podge of cardio/weight at home, and walking 1-2 miles every night. I'd like to work up to running and I'm considering picking up 30DS.

I'm a 44 year old single working mom, four kids (had them close together so my body never really recovered between), have PCOS, have been overweight for most of my life, but definitely a yoyo... I would fluctuate between 165 and 200 often, but for the past two years I've been stuck right around 200.

I find that I need positive encouragement often. My boyfriend insists that I'm perfect the way I am, and groans at this process--even though I insist that this is about being healthy, and not Barbie. I'm here to give encouragement and hopefully receive!

Replies

• samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you're wanting to work up to running, you should try Couch-2-5k! I'm finishing up my first week of it today. So far I love it! In 9 weeks I should be able to run (or jog) 5k without having to stop and no more gasping for air! Hopefully! Here if you need any support!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Also, I noticed you're from Dunmore Pa? I'm from Tunkhannock :smile:
  • stadter
    stadter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Add me if you want :happy: I'm a new mom and my husband does the exact same thing to me. I really wish they would just understand.
  • divine2701
    Options
    Hi! new as well and very motivated to get things going. Feel free to add me.
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    Hey, neighbor!