My 1st real success

Options
I knew today would be a special day.

So it started off like any other day with me just hopping on the scale right out of bed (after a quick potty break) and I appear to be on pace to lose for my official weigh in on Sunday. Good. Then I start the scramble to find something to wear to work. My normal rotation of clothes are mostly all dirty and so I dread having to wear a...button up shirt. Well I see a white shiny T-shirt folded up on top of my closet and I thought it was the t-shirt from this years Komen Race for the Cure. I figured hey, I'm not afraid to wear pink! lol but it turned out to be a t-shirt I was given for attending an event last year around this time.

I had never wore the t-shirt because it was a 2x and I needed a 3x. But today I decided to give it a go since I've lost some weight since then and it fit perfectly!

But the story doesn't end there.

So I always say how I don't look at my self and think I lost weight. And when a person says, "oh you have lost a lot of weight" I don't think its valid if they know you have been working hard to do so. Its kind of like they just have to say it to be nice. If a person you had no contact with and if they have no prior knowledge of your weight loss attempt says "oh you have lost a lot of weight" then it counts to me. lol. That's just a little silly theory that I have.

So anyway, I saw 2 people today who met this criteria of not knowing who said "Wow, you have lost a lot of weight!" And that, felt wonderful.

Replies

• LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • msforeverfaithful
    msforeverfaithful Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wooo hoooo jerren *singing* "you're walkin' on sunshine...woaa ooooo, you walkin' on sunshine woaaa oooo and don't it feel good"

congrats!
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Awesome!
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    That is great! I am proud of you! You deserve to feel wonderful all the time!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Good job :bigsmile:
  • lovebrittnie
    Options
    YAY!! good for you, yeah i think the same way some times which is why i have avoided hanging out with just a few of my freinds, because i haven't seen them for awhile so if i make my goal at the end of the next month, i want to see if there is a noticeable difference. But great job so far, looks like you're doing good!
  • French140
    French140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    LOL. So when I told you that it didn't count?! LOL. JK. I know exactly what you mean! Great Job! You are on it!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you!! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!