New here - week 1 doesn't count, right?

Options
slw0107
slw0107 Posts: 15 Member
Hello everyone. I joined last week but just used my week one to track my 'normal' diet... I am hoping to lose around 30lb and eat better to keep up with my other half who is a health conscious lean muscly gym bunny (I feel like a blob of jelly next to him).

I left my job a couple of weeks ago so have plenty of time on my hands to focus on my goals!!!

I would love to hear from people as new as I am, for mutual support, and also from anyone who manages to cram loads of veggies into their diet - I think my sugar is too high and my healthy carbs too low so feel free to inspire me!!!

Oh. I'm English too if that makes a difference... :)

Replies

• Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Using your first week to see what you eat and log it on here is actually a really good choice! :D Because you can look back and see what little things you can change to make your diet healthier! :D
  • slw0107
    Options
    Thank you - that was the idea, try and see where I'm going wrong... :)
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    welcome add me for support if you like
  • ColdFeetWarmHeart
    ColdFeetWarmHeart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have real issues getting enough fruit and veg in my diet as well! Most days I can probably only manage 2 (unless I really focus on it!). Really need to work on that! I will message you with recipe ideas/meal plans as and when I find something that works!!
    One thing I do already that I love is roasted veg; butternut squash, red onion, chantenay carrots and red peppers. I cook them with a little olive oil or fry light, and a sprinkling of mixed herbs or paprika. Gorgeous!! Lovely with roast chicken!!
  • slw0107
    Options
    I love roasted veggies too, I just need to work out how to leave the honey off them so herbs and spices are my best friends, as is citrus juice!!!

Andy hates beans, peas, cabbage and pulses, which makes it a bit harder as I love them and we prefer to eat together. I'm finding Pinterest a useful food resource though... Will let you know if I find anything yummy too :)
  • mxzilla
    mxzilla Posts: 14
    Options
    I've taken to roasting every veggie I can get my hands on. Just dumping a bunch of broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower, or whatever else in a roasting dish with 2:1 olive oil to lemon juice, some pepper and sea salt, then a bit of parmesean cheese when it's done~

Kale chips are great, and a really easy way to cram in veg is to steam a bunch of swiss chard and put it in with your pasta. That stuff is phenomenal for regulating blood sugar haha.
  • slw0107
    Options
    I've heard that kale chips are good but never tried them. I have just discovered frozen spinach though and keep adding that to all sorts. We are having it with baked eggs tomorrow morning ..