Can't Loose Weight!

Options
I've been eating great and doing cardio and weights 5-6 times a week, every since i started this I have gained 10 pounds! :( It's super unmotivating. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    how are your measurements, what are you eating? How is your water intake? How is your sodium levels?

Those were the areas I had to adjust to see real results....

But moving the scale does not always define success, remember muscle weights more than fat.
  • kw4500
    kw4500 Posts: 4
    Options
    I eat only non processed foods, I'm 5'7 with a 36 Bust,33.5 Waist and 39 inch Hips. I drink alot of water per day, always at least 8 glasses. I feel like i'm running out of options. I lost 35 pounds with out doing anything now I want to loose the rest and I can't budge.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You may be overdoing the exercise. Try taking an extra rest day and see if it helps. Sometimes muscles retain water when regenerating.
  • kw4500
    Options
    I've tried to take a few days off to let my muscles relax but it dosent seem to help.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It is a fact that if you eat less calories then you burn you will lose weight. How you lose weight and when you see it depends on your body. But dieting and exercising is helping you and you will see results in the end, it just may not be instant. But one day you will see how the work paid off.

You may have also hit a plateau given that if your exercising now and your body is adjusting to the change, give yourself more time and you will see results. I once went 2 months without seeing results, but then I noticed one day that I was down 5 lbs.

It also matters when you weigh yourself and how much exercising you are doing and how much calories you eat back. I find the food log is good on this site but I have to question the calories burned from exercise. They have always seemed high. Do what feels right and don't over due your exercise, because that is how injuries occur, (and how I injured myself by trying to get results to fast.) This is a marathon not a race and your health is what's at stake, if you are doing things right, it will matter even if you can't see the results as soon as you like.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Are you eating too much? Are you eating too little? It's hard to make suggestions without any info.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Are you eating too much? Are you eating too little? It's hard to make suggestions without any info.

^ This. Can you make your diary public?
  • kw4500
    Options
    I always eat from 1200-1500 calories a day max.
  • esgarcia7
    esgarcia7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you could be gaining muscle. Focus on your body measurements instead of the scale you might actually be loosing inches. Its normal not to lose lbs but inches first. Normally thats how my body responds but remember that everyone is different. You may have to increase your low intensity cardio to burn the body fat.
  • dmartinez62403
    Options
    That happened to me when I first joined and it took a friend of mine to point out that although I was under or at my calorie goal each day, it was where the calories were coming from that was sabotaging me. So I cut back on the cheese and refined sugar and stuck to only drinking water and that seemed to help me. Good luck!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    well..with out a food and exercise diary it is hard to say...other than that less food in more work out.. but that isnt always true. since certian things affect your body differently and can slow your loss down or even gain weight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you could be gaining muscle. Focus on your body measurements instead of the scale you might actually be loosing inches. Its normal not to lose lbs but inches first. Normally thats how my body responds but remember that everyone is different. You may have to increase your low intensity cardio to burn the body fat.
    no. they aren't gaining muscle.

they're retaining water if they've started working out that much.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Whats your intake?
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    no. they aren't gaining muscle.

they're retaining water if they've started working out that much.
    [/quote]

^^This may be it. My first 8-10 lbs came off easily with just reducing my food intake (always min of 1200 cal and usually no more than 1500)...then I was ready to add exercise...The first time I did circuit training over the course of two days I gained about 2 lbs (did not change my food intake amounts). Then literally overnight I was down 4 lbs. This has happened at least once since then, and I expect the same pattern to start today because I've had a really hard workout. My two-cent opinion, drink lots of water, stay consistent, and be patient.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

something is off then .. if you're 5'7, eating this way and exercising I don't see how you could possibly gain 10 pounds .. I mean fluctauting a few here and there sure .. but 10??
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Are those numbers net or gross (i.e. do you eat back your exercise calories)?

How accurately do you log your food? Do you weigh everything with a scale or measure with cups at least? Do you log everything?

Some water weight is to be expected; depending on where you are in your cycle it can add 3-5 lbs of water retention - coupled with increased exercise (which also causes retention), an increase 5+ lbs is not impossible.
  • lynnw2013
    lynnw2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have to eat enough calories to lose the weight. A 500 calorie deficit daily is what it takes to lose a pound. You may be putting your body into starvation mode. Make sure you are adjusting for the calories you are burning.