Belly Flap

Options
When I do jumping jacks or anything that requires jumping, I hate HATE feeling my belly jiggle and jostle so I avoid exercise programs with a lot of jumping around. The waist band of my work out pants falls below my belly and it's just plain disgusting.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I found my solution. A bathing suit. I bought one yesterday to help contain the jiggle that I'll wear with my workout clothes. This won't stop the dreaded feeling of the jiggle, but I think being used as a compression garment (and less expensive), it will help some.

I WANT to do 30 Day Shred, and now I can! Doesn't mean I won't still hate the jumping jacks, but I'll hate them for different reasons. lol

Replies

• hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one whose belly jiggles while I workout!
  • Recovery_Girl
    Options
    You're definitely not alone! I'm just getting into a healthier workout routine and jumping around has been bumming me out haha. A swimsuit is a good idea, I would have never thought about it. I like wearing some yoga pants I got @ Old Navy with the fold over waist band. I feel like a dork but I just keep the waist band up and it's been a little better for jumping jacks and everything else.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    lol your not the only one. At first, I hated feeling the jiggle when jumping around but now I have began to think the harder I jump, the harder I work out and that means the less jiggle I will have.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When I do jumping jacks or anything that requires jumping, I hate HATE feeling my belly jiggle and jostle so I avoid exercise programs with a lot of jumping around. The waist band of my work out pants falls below my belly and it's just plain disgusting.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I found my solution. A bathing suit. I bought one yesterday to help contain the jiggle that I'll wear with my workout clothes. This won't stop the dreaded feeling of the jiggle, but I think being used as a compression garment (and less expensive), it will help some.

I WANT to do 30 Day Shred, and now I can! Doesn't mean I won't still hate the jumping jacks, but I'll hate them for different reasons. lol

Mine actually makes a slapping sound when I jump around. It disgusts me and it's embarrassing. Nothing I can do about it since it's loose skin and not fat.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That is the worse feeling ever. I sometimes use a belly band, it keeps everything all tucked in
  • thebzax
    thebzax Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I also get the slapping sound, urgh I hate it. It's like doing the jumping jacks without a sports bra (I have a particularly large chest!). A swimsuit is a great idea, now you can get cracking with 30 day shred, which I am loving!
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing one of those cheap waist sweat bands. I just put it around the lower belly/hip area.
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just had this experience while I was running. I got so aggravated I stopped. That's a great suggestion about the bathing suit bottom. I'll have to give that a try to hold all this flab in lol.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just had this experience while I was running. I got so aggravated I stopped. That's a great suggestion about the bathing suit bottom. I'll have to give that a try to hold all this flab in lol.

I'm actually wearing a full suit, Kinda like a leotard over my workout capris - 80's style. Now I just need some leg warmers! lol