I need to share my excitement!!!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
Some bullets of just some things I'm really excited about the last couple days!!

- I lost half a pound today (after not losing weight for a couple weeks (1 lb) and then before that, TWO MONTHS)
- I had to tighten my running shorts this morning because when I started to run, they started to fall!! (Yesterday, they fit comfortably on my belly and didn't budge. I'm not kidding. Yesterday. And who says you don't lose weight overnight, huh?)
- I ran 0.58 with minimal walking in between.
- The sweater I'm wearing today is loose enough that I can button all the buttons. Before now, it's always been too tight that I've had to leave it open. :)
- The more I do Ab Ripper X, the better I get. I can now do 20 of the 25 reps on most of the sets! (It's the only part of P90X I do so I do it every other day)
- My tightest pair of pants now give me the case of saggy butt. First my 2nd tighest pair, now my officially tightest pair. Oie. Need. To. Go. Shopping.
- The dimples on my lower back have reappeared and are showing themselves off with pride. (I've always thought of skinny girls having them - who knew I had 'em!??!)

People...I am proof that a plateau is not the end. April through June I didn't lose ONE pound. April through May I didn't lose any inches, in fact, gained some... I increased my calories and increased the intensity of my workouts and lost some inches in May. I increased the intensity of my strength workouts and started running intervals again in June and lost 1 lb. I got measured and lost some more inches. This month... the first weekend and I've already lost half a pound. I can't wait to see what the rest of this month brings me!!

Keep plugging away if you're at a plateau. I believe working hardER is the best way to go. You're going to have to work harder once you reach your goal anyway, so why not start now? :wink:

Replies

• hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Great job on so many levels! I am so proud of you for sticking with all of your healthy changes despite the plateau. Patience and consistency are wonderful things.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    yay for you!!!

I know the feeling of not losing anything for months, and when you do its amazing!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I can't even imagine being determined enough to stick through a plateau like that.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! You have earned it, Congrats, keep smiling:bigsmile:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
    I'm very proud of you!
  • tomasa
    tomasa Posts: 2
    Options
    grear job,I just got the p90x abbs cd,hope to get 25 reps just like u...
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    WootWoot! That is sooooo great!
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! I know that feeling of excitement! it's wonderful! =)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    That was super fun to read!!! Thanks for sharing!

D
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up :-).
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    How very exciting!!! Way to go!! You will make your goal! Thank you for the very inspiring post!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Great job & thanx for sharing. I've had my issues where I didn't lose or gain but noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit as long as I keep working out (PS - that baggy pants in the rear syndrome is called "poo-pants"). You can officially join the "no longer afraid of pants that show your butt" club (there isn't one, but there should be!).
    Keep up the awesome work :flowerforyou:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Way to Go! Awesome news!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You really are one of my inspirations...weight loss is a journey..and when the compliments come rolling in....it makes it so much more enjoyable!

Well done you!
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    you star!! good for you for seeing all the signs NOT on the scale... soo true! congrats big time.. sending you hugs!
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oie. Need. To. Go. Shopping.

Oops, that was a misfire. Never tried to do a quote before. Anyway, that had me laughing. YOU DESERVE TO GO SHOPPING. They are running summer clearances so take $20 and see what you can find! Good luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Definitely proof that there is WAY more to weight loss than the number on the scale.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love your post!!! Great job!!! Encouraging to the rest of us!!! Have fun shopping for those new clothes!!
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    *Yey* thats soo Awesome and I really enjoyed reading ur post as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!