New Here

Options
Hi this is my first week at starting this I hoping all this goes good. I'm looking to make new friends and find support on here and well as give support. I have tried many different diet's over the years and nothing has worked yet. I have tried diet pills not eating all day but no luck.

Replies

• Larissa_Johnson
    Options
    Hello friend! :) Welcome!
    I have a few tips for you since you are just beginning this fitness journey...(I have tried a lot of fad diets too and now I'm doing it the "hard" way)
    1. Measure yourself ASAP and track it on the website...you can find that in the "my home" tab
    I would suggest having a notebook as well so you can track ALL your measurements (thighs, hips, arms, chest, waist, etc.)
    2. Try a variety of different exercises to see what you actaully ENJOY doing...if you enjoy it, you're more likely to do it...I like the elliptical machine (its easier on the joints), swimming, and hiking...yoga is pretty amazing too
    3. Get a fitness buddy to have adventures with...I have my hubby and we try new things together and its a lot of fun. :)

If you have any questions or need a listening ear feel free to hit me up. :)
    Good Luck!
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    Welcome, I joined a while ago, and fell off. Now, I'm back. Don't starve yourself with diet pills, hun. You can do it the healthy way. I'll be your encouragement buddy. I agree with Larissa, find something you like to do. I got the XBOX kinect, I love it. The game that came with the system is plenty to keep me busy a long time. If you like video games, and it's in your budget, it might be for you.:bigsmile:
  • amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love making new friends to encourage and share ideas with. Found Mfp in 2009, and totally forgot about it, and was reintroduced in September by a coworker and haven't looked back. If u use it to track ur calories and eat a well rounded diet, and find some exercise u like to do, u can do this!
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I agree with everything the other ladies have said. My biggest piece of advice that has kept me going and motivated is a fitness buddy! I joined MFP last year and stopped because I was on this journey alone. Well last week I jumped back in because my BFF is started going to the gym with me!! So-having her has been amazing! Between the gym and changing the way my husband and I eat, I've lost 2 pounds already!! This IS do-able!! We are here to support you!! Best of luck and feel free to add me and/or message me!
    :flowerforyou:
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :happy: I have been here for a while and love this site. It has been a tough road but the support offered here really helps even when I fall off track every now and then.