Really bad day...

Options
I had a really bad day at work yesterday.:cry: A few of us found out that we were laid off all next week and maybe longer. This is the 4th time we've been laid off this year. Came home and when my dh decided I needed a break from cooking he bought us dinner at a fast food place.....I ate WAY TOO MUCH! This is the first time in the last 6 weeks that I've blew my diet, and I don't want it to happen again! I ate an order of Onion Rings, a small hamburger and 2 crunchy chicken breasts. Thats enough calories for 2 days!
Well, today is a new day, and I'm back in the saddle again!:happy: I hate:mad: what I did yesterday, but thats in the past, and its a new day and I'm doing fine...:drinker:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a rough day. I'm sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something soon and that it's way better than the last job! And kudos on doing better today. :drinker:
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    That is really, really hard and I applaud you for realizing what you did and working hard today!!! One day does not break you...We all have THOSE days for sure!!! Good luck with the job situation and getting back on track!!! (and your hubby is awesome for giving you a break!!!) You have come so far!!
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's really terrible about your job! But as for the over-eating for the day... don't worry! I know I do it, and I am sure almost everyone does! As long as it doesn't throw you off track for good, you'll be fine! When I end up having a day like that, I like to drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit, and try to get a workout in the next day! That always makes me feel better, but try not to beat yourself up! Sometimes, things suck. You have a right to deal with it in whatever way you see fit, as long as it isn't hurting anyone.
    Good luck from here on in :) You'll do great!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! Papa murphy's STUFFED pizza and a boat load of their cookies. I am so sorry to hear about your job. Oddly enough, it is my fiancee' losing his unemployment that got to me this week. I have been glued to CSPAN all week waiting on pins and needles to see if the Senate was going to pass an extension before they left for break. They didn't. The stress just got to me and I have been eating terrible. I am back on it tomorrow and I suggest you do the same. Just get right back on. I will be there with you. :-)
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Thanks everyone, your posts mean a lot to me. My layoff is, hopefully, temporary although our little company has been going down hill the last few years. We've went from 100 employees to 22. Not really looking good and at age 59 its a little harder to find another job, but whatever happens I'll deal with it. My husband says that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :smile:

As far as my diet, I'm bound and determined to lose the weight. I WILL DO IT! :wink: