Tell Me to "Pound Pavement!"

Options
gmove
gmove Posts: 81 Member
So the weather finally warmed up. Run outside? Run on the mill? I really want the mill. Mill, right? Uuugh.

Replies

• fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Running outside is always better than the treadmill, IMHO.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Should run outside no matter what weather or conditions.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Outside gets my vote
  • gmove
    Options
    Pounded pavement! :D

Thanks, peeps! lol
  • gmove
    Options

Absolutely! It's just lately it's been so ridiculously cold that even the run wouldn't warm me up :( and I was being lazy. lol
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Absolutely! It's just lately it's been so ridiculously cold that even the run wouldn't warm me up :( and I was being lazy. lol

What a shame. I just layer up big time. Ran in single digit weather in Jan and Feb and sweat my boot-tay off...
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Of course you should run outside. I only ran on the mill my first 2 runs after recovering from pneumonia and that was just because I couldn't walk or be outside without coughing.
  • TexasElp
    TexasElp Posts: 9
    Options
    I prefer the mill, since I don't have to worry about my surroundings. The pavement is not friendly to runners.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Only thing that gets me on the mill is temps below -25'C. If I didn't run here when it was cold i"d still be inside
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Trouble with the treadmill is that it's too easy to stop. Once you've run 5k out you have to run another 5k to get back home, even if your tired.