best mile time for me.. ever!

Options
My best mile time, ever, was in 7th grade, and it was about 9:30. Sadly, 10 weeks ago my mile time was a little over 12 minutes. I was so ashamed! I'm happy to say that I ran the mile in 9:03 Tuesday night, my new best time! My goal was 8:59, so I hope to run that in a few weeks! (:

Replies

• Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you are doing great!

Next stop: 8 minute mile!
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's awesome!
    i've been so impressed/excited by how quickly my running speed and distances are improving. it's such a great thing.
    i read in runners world that for every five pounds you lose you can take off almost 30 seconds from your mile time (though i've read slightly lower numbers too, i like that one ;)
    keep it up!
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    Congrats! you are doing great!

Next stop: 8 minute mile!

thank you! and that would be wonderful! (:
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    i've been so impressed/excited by how quickly my running speed and distances are improving. it's such a great thing.
    i read in runners world that for every five pounds you lose you can take off almost 30 seconds from your mile time (though i've read slightly lower numbers too, i like that one ;)
    keep it up!

thank you! me too! it's really cool.. i never would of seen myself as a runner before i started to lose weight. now, i love running!!
    that would be awesome, to shed 30 seconds off my time for every 5 pounds.
    (:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    keep it up!

Really!!! Can't wait to lose 30 more pounds that would really improve my time. I want to do a 5k in under 30 minutes....I don't care if it is a competition or just on the treadmill......THAT IS MY GOAL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!