Unexpected (wonderful!) NSV

Options
I have had knee problems since I was in Jr High and at a normal weight. In the last few years my left knee has hurt. so. bad. Every day. Especially in the morning going down the stairs. A month ago, I was nervous carrying my one year old down because I thought I might fall. I'm only 28! I have hated that I am young with knee problems. What would they be like as I got older? I have always been nervous about exercising because A) it hurt and B) I worried about injuring them further.

I bought an elliptical recently and have worked up from 47 pitiful seconds on day one. To four weeks later I'm up to 30 minutes! And I don't feel like I'm going to die! lol

Yesterday I woke up and walked down the stairs completely pain free! It feels like a freakin' miracle to me. How I babied them and was scared to exercise. Thank God for ellipticals. Somehow it has strengthened my knee and made me feel like a normal 28 year old. :) I thought I had to suffer for life. I'm SOOOOO happy for this awesome NSV! I can even do squats now! :)

Replies

• hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thats really cool. Good for you!! Knee pain is horrendous.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It is amazing what exercise can do.
  • Cabrewe
    Cabrewe Posts: 5
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? Keep seeing it but can't figure it out!
  • pandabear_05
    pandabear_05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    non-scale victory

Awesome things that happen that don't include the scale going down. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!