looking for....

Options
......the motivation to hit the gym on a Friday night........so tired but so necessary!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Stop looking for motivation. It's too dodgy to depend on. If you've scheduled a day to work out, go work out on that day. You don't need motivation to go to work, or to pick up your kid from school, or to file your taxes. You just do them because those are things that need to be done.

Treat your workouts like a thing that needs to be done. Motivation optional.
  • heathersherrell1
    Options
    I agree. I treat my gym schedule like I do a doctor appointment or a court date. You go, you get it done. It's a big reason why I like to do classes. There's a set start and finish time--and I get there early. I hope you made it to your appointment! :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Stop looking for motivation. It's too dodgy to depend on. If you've scheduled a day to work out, go work out on that day. You don't need motivation to go to work, or to pick up your kid from school, or to file your taxes. You just do them because those are things that need to be done.

Treat your workouts like a thing that needs to be done. Motivation optional.

Well put.

I have the worst sinus infection and feel ****ty, but duty calls. I have it on my calendar. It must be done.
  • Gubby04
    Gubby04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks all.......I did go and felt fantastic afterwards........