Have you noticed how different people treat you when

Options
You lose or gain weight?

A couple months ago when I was much slimmer and posted pictures of my abs on fb and ig, wore tighter clothes, more people began to speak to me, I got so much attention, and I spent the holiday with someone I liked.

Now fast foward a couple months later, I was 125 at that time, and now i'm about 164. Hardly anyone that used to speak to me does anymore, the person I liked hasnt spoken to me in weeks. My family keeps telling me not to lose anymore weight, that I looked " unhealthy " before but I feel terrible now. I don't get compliments in the street anymore, Customers at my job who used to be pretty flirty with me just ignore me now. It's so....bleh -__-

Replies

• MeadMews
    MeadMews Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

My family have always been pretty big, so I grew up not knowing any difference. It wasn't till a number of years ago after a bad break with an ex that I started to workout. I realized I could be fitter and trimmer and feel better.

Anyway I dropped from about 190lbs to 160lbs. At first everyone was saying how good I looked, but then they started saying how ‘ill’ I looked? So after a bit of pressure I stopped working out and stopped watching what I was eating.

Soon the weight started coming back on. The jean size started to go up. Everyone then said I started ‘Looking’ better. ‘Had more colour’. Though in myself I knew I felt worse. I missed the workout, missed logging on MFP. I got more stressed; I was like a dog without a bone. Got more depressed. People started avoiding me more!

I then thought, ‘whose sodding life am I living. I've given up trying to explain to people that I’m the correct weight / build for age height ect.

Long story short, and a few sore months later, I’m down to 154lbs, 17% BF, BMI normal, Resting HR and BP all good, eating healthier again, no stress, new clothes and hurting in places I never knew I had (In a good way)

Moral of the story, live your own life. Haters gonna hate! I put it down to jealousy, we got the will to do what they Can’t / Won’t

“The only limitations one has, are the ones they place on themselves” ~ Muhammad Ali

Don’t give up, don't give in.
    Good Luck
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

My family have always been pretty big, so I grew up not knowing any difference. It wasn't till a number of years ago after a bad break with an ex that I started to workout. I realized I could be fitter and trimmer and feel better.

Anyway I dropped from about 190lbs to 160lbs. At first everyone was saying how good I looked, but then they started saying how ‘ill’ I looked? So after a bit of pressure I stopped working out and stopped watching what I was eating.

Soon the weight started coming back on. The jean size started to go up. Everyone then said I started ‘Looking’ better. ‘Had more colour’. Though in myself I knew I felt worse. I missed the workout, missed logging on MFP. I got more stressed; I was like a dog without a bone. Got more depressed. People started avoiding me more!

I then thought, ‘whose sodding life am I living. I've given up trying to explain to people that I’m the correct weight / build for age height ect.

Long story short, and a few sore months later, I’m down to 154lbs, 17% BF, BMI normal, Resting HR and BP all good, eating healthier again, no stress, new clothes and hurting in places I never knew I had (In a good way)

Moral of the story, live your own life. Haters gonna hate! I put it down to jealousy, we got the will to do what they Can’t / Won’t

“The only limitations one has, are the ones they place on themselves” ~ Muhammad Ali

Don’t give up, don't give in.
    Good Luck

Tysm! :) Great job btw!
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    People tend to hate, the thinner you look. As long as you are healthy and feel well, don't worry about it. There are a lot of warped views on health around these days.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder about this. I lost a lot of weight at one point and yeah, the attention came from all directions, but I have to wonder if it wasn't my own confidence and attitude. I've gained a lot of it back, but when I go out feeling great about myself, I attract a lot of attention even at a heavier weight. I'm sure being slimmer effects how people treat us, but also how we feel about ourselves makes a load of difference, too.
  • Lilianam881
    Options
    Yup. I sure have. At a higher weight I'm practically invisible to most guys. When I've been 30 pounds lighter. It's ridiculous the attention I get. Doors are held for me. Strangers smile. It's like bam small waist and I'm an eye magnet thicker waist and I just blend in. That's just the way it is. Many will change their behavior and thoughts towards you depending on your looks and that's just human nature to be drawn to what the eye finds attractive. But what matters is what you think of yourself :) be the person you want to be and have the body you want. People will always have comments and you will always be either to skinny or too fat. Whatevs health is what matters. :)
  • grabenson7
    Options
    Well im in this for me, i what to been more healthly and with the losseing soume pounds be thinner and to feel good with my body for me and personally ture freind will always be there the other i dont give a feck, because most of them will not say there true feeling to you but bicth behaind your, so i say.

ITS MY LIFE AND I HAVE ONLY ME TO ANSWER TO.

/