Going to a Potluck

Greetings fellow fitness pals!
I am going to an appetizer potluck tomorrow. Not sure what will be there. I am a terrible grazer - if food is in front of me, I will eat till it's gone. The potluck isn't until after 7:00, and I have some low-cal lentil soup I can eat for dinner tomorrow.
Should I work up a deficit beforehand to compensate? Will working it off the next day work out ok?

I really don't want to go over my cals because I just got back from a vacation and I put on a bit of weight!

Also, any willpower hints would be appreciated.
Cheers :drinker:

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    I am going to a potluck tomorrow too. However I have been on track and I eat a bit less during the week so I have more leeway on the weekend so I am just gonna go and enjoy (SO looking forward to my bread bowl dip!) So I am not much help.
    Stick more toward the veggies/fruit trays with minimal dip. Use a small plate and only allow yourself maybe 2 platefuls, then sit and chat as far away from the food as you can.
  • Eat a huge healthy meal before you go.
  • One thing that really helps me is water. When you are there, ALWAYS have a water bottle in your hand and drink like there is no tomorrow! You might have to visit the ladies room a few times, but you will be surprised at how full you feel and how fast. Good Luck!!
  • domnut
    domnut Posts: 32 Member
    Drink lots of water while you are there or diet fizzy drink to keep your hands occupied.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    If it is a potluck you can take things that are low cal and safe choices. Stay as far from the food table as possible. Carry a water bottle at all times. Eat some filler food before you go.

Best of luck to you.
    Shirley from Oregon