A lovely NSV this morning

Options
Hi everyone,

Have been using MFP since late Jan, and having worked through my BMR and TDEE, I've lost 17 pounds by averaging 1700 calories a day. It's not a lot of weight, and I'd hoped it would go faster, but it feels sustainable.

Throughout the past few months I've been convinced I'm getting smaller - my engagement ring feels loose, my upper arms feel less solidly plump, even my shoes feel a bit looser!

But what did it for me was trying on some old dresses this morning. There's on in particular, a red prom style dress, that I love. I wore it on holiday four years ago and it felt tight, and since then I've not been able to do it up. I decided a few weeks ago that by the summer I wanted to get back into that dress.

This morning it fit and had room in it!

It's 17 pounds, and I want to lose around a hundred, so we're only at the start of this challenge. But now I'm aiming to get into another dress I last wore in 2004, when I was 21. I'll be happy when I get there.

Thanks to everyone for the support you give to everyone here. The success stories keep me going every day.

Sussex Girl

Replies

• ji225
    ji225 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant! well done you :) x
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

Whats NSV stand for?
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory
  • LittleMissChops
    Options
    Non Scale Victory

Like when someone say "oh you've lost weight!" or you can get back into those old jeans you haven't been able to zip up for years.

What a lovely boost - well done!
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    well done you :)
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    17lbs NOT ALOT OF WEIGHT??

I suggest you carry 17lbs in a backpack for an entire day or two then try and make that statement again.

You are doing great! Keep at it!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well done! Hope it keeps peeling off:)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    17lbs NOT ALOT OF WEIGHT??

I suggest you carry 17lbs in a backpack for an entire day or two then try and make that statement again.

You are doing great! Keep at it!

Great point! I agree!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    17lbs is A LOT of weight, way to go! And I'm glad that you seem to be doing it in a healthy, sustainable (read: lasting) way instead of trying to crash diet on 1200 to get there :)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    17lb is an amazing amount of weight.

Remember life isn't an episode of Biggest Loser!
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done! I have lost 15lbs on my way to losing 100... Add me if you like, :0), but what I really wanted to say was, next time you are shopping, put 34 packs of butter/lard in your basket, then walk around with it! You'll very soon want to put it down, if you can carry it at all! You have lost that amount of fat!

Now, how significant does 17lbs feel?

Well done!

Jan :0)
  • sussexgirluk
    sussexgirluk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Really touched by the comments!

I don't mean to dismiss the 17 pounds - it's much better than putting that much on! - it's just so little compared to so e people on here who've lost three stone in that time. One I think has lost 100 which is just mind blowing.

Still, here's to the next 17 eh? It may take another three months but I'll get there and then keep going, looking forward to the shopping and being too small for the dress that fit this morning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!