No longer 'obese'

Options
Dewymorning
Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
Just a small success on my side.

Been using MFP for 2 months and when I started my BMI was over 30, which meant I was classified as 'obese'.
Just checked my BMI today and it is 29, which means I am only 'overweight'.

If I can keep this up, with my 'slow but steady' weight loss plan I should be in the healthy weight range in 6 months time.

Anyway, I am happy!

Replies

• venefirous
    Options
    Congrats to you! Keep up the awesome work.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm 3.5 kg away from that moment myself. it is a great milestone, nothing small about it! :smile:
  • annab1684
    annab1684 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is my first goal - hoping to be there in June! Well done! :) (at 32.9 BMI last time I weighed myself)
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm about five pounds away from the same milestone ... funny how excited I am about being REALLY, REALLY overweight :-P.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great accomplishment!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A very big accomplishment! Keep up the wonderful work!

I remember the relief when I hit that point too. Now I have 8 pounds to go to be in the normal weight range.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the hard work! I still have a good 11.4 points to go before my BMI reaches 30 but I'll get there.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job. i noticed your post because mine is an even 30.0 this morning, and I'm longing to get it one little tenth of a point lower so I can say I'm overweight!
  • hjkcollins
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the great work. Three years ago I weighed 255lbs in a size 20/22 today I am 148 in a size 4, the feeling over getting out of the "obese" or "overweight" categories is wonderful. one day at a time and Never give up!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you should be happy!! Hard work and perseverance got you to your new numbers!!

Cheers:drinker:
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Woot!!woot!!! Way to go!!
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a wonderful feeling! :) Hope you have 6 months of success reaching your healthy weight! :D
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have set your destiny and are accomplishing it! Good work!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is seriously a wonderful thing. Keep up the good work!
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    will be in the "over weight" catagorie in 3 pounds, can't wait...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is such a great feeling. I remember how I felt when I was no longer I obese!! Fantastic!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats to you and the others I see plugging away at it. Way to kick obese to the curb!
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done I am looking forward to becoming overweight too in about 10lbs time
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well done I am looking forward to becoming overweight too in about 10lbs time

Such a funny sentence taken out of context.

:P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!