Best ASICS for motion control/stability?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
What do you guys recommend for ppl with flat feet? I know I need motion control/stability shoes....

I prevously had Asics gel-frantic 6 and loved them but they are worn and lookin for somethin better if it's out there.

Can anyone recommend?

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've got super flat feet... not too much trouble from them though (thankfully!)

my last pair of shoes had basically no arch, but had a gel/memoryfoamish feeling insole, and those actually worked REALLY nicely, barely any footpain at all. wore them to death... they were Nikes though I couldn't tell you what "kind."

but ultimately it is better to have something with a little bit of an arch (not TOO high or you'll just cause yourself unncessary pain), and something that has better ankle support is a good idea too, since flat feet tend to roll inward.

I'm not being very helpful haha but basically look for: low/moderate arch, gel-y insole if you can, and something with good ankle support (goes a little higher up than other shoes)

edit to add -I think I have those Asics you mentioned ^ and I love them, so maybe stick with them if they've also worked for you!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I also have flat feet and need the motion control/stability. Brand wise I like Brooks and New Balance for running. For everyday walking they are a little too bulky for me. I instead go with Saucony and Asics for just everyday non-running activites.
  • robdowns
    robdowns Posts: 9
    Options
    I would go into a good running shop take your current worn out shoes so they can see the wear pattern and get your gait analysis done on a running machine I used to always wear Asics Kayanos but when you lose weight you may not need so much support, it also depends on what milage you do and you foot striking (forefoot ,midfoot, heal strike)

If you want to save some money get thier advice and buy last years model online. Its really hard to not walk out with some new shoes after all the good advice.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Previously I've worn the ASICS Kayano's but far too expensive for me now. I'm using the ASICS 1170's which have the DuoMax grey section on the arch for support. OH wears the 2170's but they're a bit on the pricey side for me.

Love ASICS but I did try a pair of Adidas Stabilty Reponse I think & found them good but have to say switched back to ASICS last time round :smile:
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Saucony Stabil CS 2 are awesome
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    What is considered a running store? Cuz last time I went to ****'s Sporting Goods thinking they could "fit" me but evidently it wasn't what everyone was talking about and they sent me home with a pair of Under Armours, which have completely killed my feet :/

blah they bleeped out the name of the store lol D.I.C.K.'s Sporting Goods :laugh:
  • babyblues31
    babyblues31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have flat feet and overpronate as well. I LOVE my Asics Gel 2160. They have the DuoMax. I would wear nothing else.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I overpronate as well, and I'm running in a pair of Asics GT-2170. I love the hell out of them!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've known a few people who were Gel Kayanos and like them a lot.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    What is considered a running store? Cuz last time I went to ****'s Sporting Goods thinking they could "fit" me but evidently it wasn't what everyone was talking about and they sent me home with a pair of Under Armours, which have completely killed my feet :/

blah they bleeped out the name of the store lol D.I.C.K.'s Sporting Goods :laugh:

You can do a search on Google for Running Stores, but Fleet Feet is a good option in the US. You want a store that caters to runners and pretty much nobody else
  • SPNLuver83
    Options

You can do a search on Google for Running Stores, but Fleet Feet is a good option in the US. You want a store that caters to runners and pretty much nobody else

there's one of these the next town over from me! woohoo! :D
  • tennisdiva1
    tennisdiva1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I over probate and as a result have very flat feet. I went to my local running store and they helped me find the Asics Gel Kayano's. I was shocked at the price I paid for them (about 150- at the time, they have come down since then). I have been wearing them for EVERYTHING (workouts, casual etc) for about 6 months and they are just now starting to wear down a little. I have been battling plantar fasciitis and these shoes and Birkenstocks are the only two things I've been able to wear without a lot of pain. I do know there are big differences in the model years. People that loved the Kayano 18's say that the 19's are very different. (I have the 19's and love them). The 20's will be comming out in the fall of 2013 so I am going to make certain I buy another pair or two of the 19's before they change. I want to make certain I will have access to these great shoes that have helped me recover and get stronger and relieve my pain. I can get my full workouts in which has helped my weight loss significantly because of these shoes! Good luck on your search.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There's a store in Valpo, I think it's called Extra Mile Company.....? It's on Lincoln Way and they can fit you with running shoes.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use mizuno wave inspire 8s which are a motion control shoe, very comfortable and they claim to be specifically engineered in men and women styles although I have only tried the mens :laugh:
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    After then i used the shoes from ASICS i wouldn't change them for nothing. Try out the Kayano's Series they r great! i'm still using the 17 version .. but the 18 and 19 must be better...