Working out with Heart Rate Monitors!

Options
Hi MFP world! Alot of you use HRM's,and I am interested in purchasing one but dont know what is best:blushing: .My specs are that it is to have a watch to tell time and calorie burn! Much appreciated for your input! Have a great day!

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I use a polar FT7 and it works well. The numbers on the face of the watch are large enough to see when I have sweat dripping and the sun beating down on me =)
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 and love it!
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use a polar FT7 and it works well. The numbers on the face of the watch are large enough to see when I have sweat dripping and the sun beating down on me =)
    yeah! that is the one I was considering! Thank you so much and congrats on your weightloss...keep up the awesome job!:happy:
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    One of ky mfpals has that one too! Thank you!
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    I am partial to polar products.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I couldn't afford the polar hrm's (the decent ones anyways) so I got the Beurer PM 25 on the recommendation of my gym friend :-)
  • melicious276
    melicious276 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting a Polar FT7 next pay day (the day after I get back from a vacation. Woo!). I play a lot of sports...is a heart rate monitor realistic for sports like soccer/hockey? And I apologize if this question is dumb, but can you nix the watch during contact sports and have it monitor via bluetooth with a phone (or the watch itself) from the sidelines?
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4. its awesome. !!! i love it... easy to read front. easy to operate....
  • jenshear
    jenshear Posts: 3
    Options
    AMAZON HAS GOOD PRICES FOR POLAR HRM'S.......
    LOVE MINE, USE IT FOR EVERY CARDIO WORKOUT....
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a Polar FT7 from Amazon, kind of fed up guessing how much calories I am burning, hopefully this should give me a good idea. I will let you know once I have received it and tried it
    JC
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar H7, the bluetooth model that syncs to my phone. No watch to wear, and easier to upload my workouts for analysis. May not fit the OP's needs, but I love it. I use it with a few different apps. When I'm running or cycling, I have the app talk to me at regular intervals so I know how the workout is progressing.

Polar will get a lot of love, they've been in the business for a long time, and do a good job. If you work out on gym equipment, a lot of newer equipment will sync to your strap automatically, very cool!

Note that if you workout with friends, if you use a standard Polar and they do as well, you can end up with cross-talk. Not a problem with bluetooth, obviously.

And the range on bluetooth is too small to leave the phone on the sidelines for the poster that asked that. I'd suggest you otterbox your phone, and turn off verbal messaging, and just look at your data after the game
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT4....its very user friendly-easy to understand...tracks time, calorie burn, keeps track of your information for awhile so you can go back and compare workouts and I paid 60ish bucks on Amazon.com...I highly recommend it!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    After a lot of research I ordered the Polar FT7 on Amazon a couple of days ago. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can start using it.
  • fayeonherway
    Options

^^^ His Royal Majesty Polar the 4th. :laugh:

I love mine!!!!!
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 a couple weeks ago and it's great. Full endorsement here.
  • elinor_kirk
    Options
    I had the same question, and this info was informative! I have one additional question, though ... is there a difference in accuracy with the HRM watches and the strap-on kinds? Thanks!
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I had the same question, and this info was informative! I have one additional question, though ... is there a difference in accuracy with the HRM watches and the strap-on kinds? Thanks!

Ones with a chest strap that relays info to a watch will be more accurate than the one with a watch alone.
  • elinor_kirk
    Options

Ones with a chest strap that relays info to a watch will be more accurate than the one with a watch alone.

Thanks. Still in the learning mode about these work!
  • Yammii
    Yammii Posts: 15
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7 which I looove...
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The polar FT7 is awesome