Ideas on when you crave that donut?

Options
I don't usually have sweet cravings real bad, and can usually curb them with a Special K Bar or a bite of something sweet, but MAN I want to eat a box of donuts! I ate half of one to try and indulge a little, but it's NOT helping. Any advice or slaps on the hand? ugh!

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    There are several steps to this:

1) Buy the box of donuts
    2) Drive to the top of the nearest mountain
    3) Drive back down the mountain
    4) Leave your car in the parking lot while running (car should be under 1/4 full)
    5) Hike the mountain, eat the donuts, and hike back down before your car runs out of gas or gets stolen

By setting a timer that you MUST make, you've run the mountain and earned enough calories to eat the box of donuts. You might even earn enough by running back down for fast food.

Or you could just look up a low calorie donut recipie, whatever.
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Eat a whole donut...maybe two...your not going to gain 10 pounds by eating one!
  • jeepgirl4ever
    Options
    I bet by the time you hike to the top of the mountain, donuts will be the last thing on your mind :)
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Is there something else that's really bothering you? Are you tired? Sad? Bored? Fed up with boring food? Eating too little for your activity level?

In other words, do you really want a whole box of doughnuts, or is there something else that you need to deal with confusing you?
  • chamorita79
    chamorita79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can
    A. Eat that entire box of donuts call it a cheat day and workout and burn off those calories over the next few days

B. Crumble the donuts up and throw them in the trash. You then can no longer be tempted by them unless you are entirely desperate and eat them straight from the trash.

C.Remember the saying "Once on the lips, forever on the hips" (which isnt entirely true it is just going to be work to burn off all those calories you just ate) and stop with the one donut.
  • anhellica2001
    anhellica2001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too have been having donut cravings for the last few days. I don't know why. When this has happened before I would just give in and try to just burn it off again. I am sometimes too lazy to try to exercise it off so I stay away...
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ya know I do crave them sometimes too. It just occurred to me that if I walked the 2 miles to the donut store, ate one donut and walked back home, I'd work off all the calories.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Eat it.

#yolo
  • briski_2005
    Options
    i read somewhere that if your craving sweets to eat protein. sounds weird but it worked for me. i wanted a bowl of ice cream and just went with a hard boiled egg. not sweet at all but the craving stopped. now, if anyone can help me with this craving ive been having for big mac- that'd be appreciated!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Crack a beer.
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Why buy a box of doughnuts? Buy one doughnut and eat it.
  • bradbaumgarten
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water. Eat 1. Don't eat a whole box, that will make you feel terrible. Chances are your craving will be filled by having the one and you won't want the rest.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oh, just eat the donut (ONE, two at most) and log it under snacks. Then adjust the rest of your day's food to make room, or work out enough to burn it off.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why buy a box of doughnuts? Buy one doughnut and eat it.

This!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Eat one donut but do it slowly. Think about it, smell it. How does it taste? How does it feel in your mouth? Swallow the first bite before you take your next and ask yourself do 'I NEED another bite or am I satisfied?". Make sure there are no other distracts. It should be just you and the doughnut. No TV or computer or even talking to other people.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    In a moment of weakness, I bought a huge bag of cheese curls ... ate a few and the rest went in the trash. Goodbye temptations!
  • mdorsett221
    mdorsett221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Weigh out your wants. Do you want that doughnut more than you want to be fit? I love doughnuts and they are my weakness, but you can't outrun one.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Now I want a donut. *sigh*

Drink a tall glass of water. Buy one donut. Eat. Drink more water and be proud that you allowed yourself a treat, but you did not allow a binge.

Run away from the donut shop.