Calling all joggers (or is it "yoggers", might be soft "j")

Options
So I'm not friends with many people on here, but those who I am, I enjoy seeing people's work out info, especially others pounding pavement as I tend to do from time to time. Feel free to hit me up, I go 6-7 times a week, log everything, and would love to see others putting in the work as well.

I keep all my detailed running info on RunKeeper (I really wish RK would integrate with MFP):

http://runkeeper.com/user/psabotka/profile

Thanks a lot, and may all your splits be negative :)

pete

Replies

• PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    No one? I'm a good motivator - hopefully you can be one too!
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper, too, and I LOVE it, although I think its pace calculator is off, which makes me question its GPS as well. If I haven't run in two days (rare) I love the emails they send like "Hey let's go run!" or the after run emails when they're like "Yo that was a sweet run!" I don't have any friends on there (I'm not very big into friends, lol) and I don't need motivation, but I laughed at your post title! Hope you find some people to motivate.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I use runkeeper, too, and I LOVE it, although I think its pace calculator is off, which makes me question its GPS as well. If I haven't run in two days (rare) I love the emails they send like "Hey let's go run!" or the after run emails when they're like "Yo that was a sweet run!" I don't have any friends on there (I'm not very big into friends, lol) and I don't need motivation, but I laughed at your post title! Hope you find some people to motivate.

It's a great app, I have the elite membership, so I can get some better stats - I'm more into my numbers than I should be :) I agree that there are times when the pace seems to be off. The GPS interval between tracking waypoints is ~10 seconds, which I think might be part of the cause. I think that's not often enough in areas with poor signals (woody areas/trail runs), or routes with a lot of direction changes (quick curves), which don't get picked up with a the slow sampling rate. It definitely seems to do better on largely straight courses with no obstructions to the sky.
  • kddarrow
    kddarrow Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm not a runner - I just thought your title was hilarious.:drinker: LOVE that movie!!! Hope you find some running buddies :)
  • LadyPoni
    LadyPoni Posts: 20
    Options
    Maybe we could add each other in mfp instead. I am using runtastic app.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use map my run and fitbit but you can friend me here! I just finished my last long run in training for my first half marathon!
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to use RunKeeper but got a new GPS watch and am now just logging through MFP. I'm getting ready to run my 3rd marathon at the end of this month (20 done and enjoying the taper!). Feel free to add me, I'd love to meet other runners on here.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner but not up to the marathon distance yet, doing my first 10K April 14 and Race Weekend at teh end of May which is another 10K. Been running 2 years
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So I'm always looking for new running friends. I was using run keeper, but it was the first running ap to stop working on my old phone, so I started using map my run and just got used to it. I just got back from a 10 mile run. It's still cold out in Boston!
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm a (slow) runner, but I use Runtastic. I just ran my first 15K and am now training for a half marathon. :)
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Thanks people!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options

Didn't even realize this existed - thanks!