50+ yr. old lady

Options
Hello everyone! I'm a 50+ yr. old lady and I've been here since March of this year. I feel it's time to introduce myself...My daughter has lost over 30lbs with MFP and asked me to check it out. I've been here ever since. I spend all my feel time on the computer and am not very active so over the years I've slowly put on weight. I have copd which reduces my lung capacity so I'm not heavily into exercise but do what I can. I feel if I lose the extra weight it may help me breath easier. So, it's time for a change! I'm looking for friends to share this weight loss journey with. I love to read food diaries as it gives me ideas on meal planning and I like to motivate and be motivated. So if you're active here and would like a friend please add me. Good luck to in your journey to a slimmer, healthier you! :)

Replies

• gparks
    gparks Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good morning, welcome to the MFP family, please feel free to add me.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!! Way to get at it!!! Baby steps are the best start! One step at a time. I am always around -
  • CCCWHACKO
    Options
    Good Morning. I,too, am over 50 (55) and have started to seriously track my food and work out. So, add me as a friend.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Good Morning WhiteDove! what a pretty name :smile: Feel free to look over my profile and send a request if you'd like to! Best of health on your journey here on MFP!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck. Remeber its one day at time and don't give up. You can friend me, I's 56 and trying to be healthy. Have alot of weight to lose, down 60 with 140 to go.
  • ozonenrhia1
    Options
    I am not in my 50's but you can add me:) I love meeting new people:)
  • mg17601
    mg17601 Posts: 18
    Options
    :smile: I have been alternating just 15 minutes of normal walking or 15 minutes of floor exercises like leg lifts or some arm exercises with light weights or some basic yoga moves 5 days a week. Just that little bit of time has made a huge difference in how I feel and I've lost 6" around my waist since Jan 2. I have to sit a lot all day as well and this little bit of movement has helped my back and hips a lot.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I have been an active member for about 7 months and still have weight still to lose.
    I will send a friend invite and feel free to add me!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm not yet in my 50's, but please feel free to add me :smile:
  • friedmsw1
    friedmsw1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi whitedove4! I am also 50+. My mother has COPD, so I can relate in that way to the challenges that you face. Also, I work in a hospital (social worker) so I have come in contact with several people living with COPD. I am also challenged in exercise with bad knees and chronic Achilles tendinitis. I don't know where that came from, because I have never been an athlete! LOL Oh well, I would love it if you would add me to you friends list.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey
    I am 53. Feel free to add me. Anybody can add me.
    Good luck :smile:
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is funny since my son told me about MFP and I have been on it since January 2013. I also love to look at the food diaries to get ideas and feel motivated. You are welcome to put this 60+ year old in your list of friends and motivators. Have lost 15 lbs since January and dropped two sizes. Have my daughter's wedding in Sept. and wanted to get a jump start on this. Welcome, and take advantage of all this MFP has to offer free of charge.
  • abelmorales3150
    Options
    Welcome aboard, this is a great place to find the support you need!
  • alexandravrr
    Options
    Hi my name is Alexandra. I am in the same boat. Slowly putting on weight - I have been using fitness Pal for a while. I would love to follow your progress and share mine. I would love to catch up for a coffee from time to time and share our experiences. Do you mind me asking if you live in Sydney and would like to meet for coffee? I live in Sydney. Please let me know. Warm Regards, Alexandra
  • alexandravrr
    Options
    Hi WhiteDove,

Alexandra here. Just uploaded my photo - knew at this, did you get my message?
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I too am over 50. I started logging my food every single day since the beginning of this year. I have arthritis in my knees & spine so exercise is difficult. I do what I can and make sure I do something every day. Feel free to add me and we can support each other on this journey!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I love you, Mom. I'm SO proud of you for taking care of your health. You've been doing some amazing things this year, and I wish you the very best in attaining your goals. MFP has been the best thing to happen to me, and I'm so happy that you are finding value in it too. (((Hugs)))
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I"m in my 50s but most (even my doctor) think I'm in my 40s. (Thank God.) MFP (any calorie logging actually) is working for me so I plan to stick with it.

Add me if you plan to share your diary. Meal ideas keep me motivated.
  • jenshear
    jenshear Posts: 3
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR DECISION TO GET HEALTHIER... I WAS IN YOUR SHOES A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO., CREAKY KNEES AND ASTHMA, SHORT OF BREATH W/ EXERCISE.....15 MONTHS LATER I AM 80 LBS LIGHTER, SPIN 3 TIMES PER WEEK, YOGA AND RUN AND CROSS TRAIN 3 DAYS PER WEEK. FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME AND I WILL HELP TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED. JEN S P.S. I'M 52!