WOW! Never made a smoothie, this is delicious!

Options
npayne90
npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
I have never made a real smoothie, and I have always been discouraged to make them because of so many types, and what i think I will like and not like or what sounds boring or something, but I made this today after the 30 day shred because for once I had all the ingredients. I bought a 125g packet of blueberries on sale in the market because 1 or 2 of them were going bad, so I threw them in the freezer but had no clue when i was going to use them.

Blueberry and Banana High Protein Smoothie

125g Frozen Blueberries (gueesing 1 cup)

1 ripe frozen banana( peeled and sliced into 2 cm slices, frozen on a plate, makes the smoothie great! i just threw them in the freezer 30 minutes ago, so it was semi frozen)

250ml Semi skim Milk (or milk of your choice)

2 tbsp of Condensed carnation milk (makes it taste Very delicious)

3 spoons of soy protein powder

Put all in a blender and whiz for 30 seconds.

Its just a cheap blender, and cheep ingredients. I couldnt beleieve how suprised I was when I tasted it, It makes to servings, gave one to my husband and he said, yes, this is delicious! tomorrow we will swap the frozen blueberry's for frozen strawberries.

Nutritional Info:

Calories per serving: 218 Carbs: 37g Fat: 4g Protein: 11g(if you have better powder, more protein!) Fiber: 4g Sugar: 28g

For the whole thing its 436 cals and 22g of protein, and 8g of fiber.

I excerisize in the evening so this is great and will stop me from picking before bed.

Replies

• npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I call it the 'BB Smoothie, The Better Body Smoothie, the Blueberry and Banana Smoothie"
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good. Looks like it would make a good after workout snack.
  • time2kickbutt
    Options
    Sounds similar to a smoothie I do. I use 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 banana, 1 cup fat free plain yogurt, 1/2 cup orange juice and blend. It's really yummy!!