I Need To Change

Options
I have always been that "heavy" girl or the "Plump" one, my personal favorite pet name is Chunky. Yup, I'm "chunky" just like the soup. Throughout Elementary school, Middle School, and now in Highschool I am and have been "chunky". I can barely fit my big ol' butt into my school desk, which SUCKS! And Lawd Jesus! I am on my hands and knees by the time I get to the top of the stairs. My dad never says it, but he is embarrassed to be around me- which stings. I haven't felt good about myself in.... well I've never felt good about myself. But a-ha! This is the time to change that!

I've done fad diets, and fasts and weird stuff that I don't even understand how it's supposed to help me lose weight ( Like really, how is bathing in cabbage soup gonna do anything?) So I've finally had to face the fact that fad diets and crap aren't going to work. I'm gonna have to do it the hard way.... Oy vey!

I mean, I know in the end I'll feel better about myself- but again- OY VEY! Anyone want to join me on this adventure?(:

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    We're already in the adventure :)

Welcome to the rest of your life! I say this because being fit and healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet program.

Please take the time to read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You got this, we are all here to help you however we can!
  • Crossett0803
    Crossett0803 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The key is don't diet, change your diet. Does that make sense? It's a lifestyle change. It gets easier; I promise.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new start. Keep things simple, small changes. More protein, more veggies, some fruit, some fats, some carbs, lots of movement. Keep it all in proportion by using (really, really USING) your MFP diary. Log everything. And use the forums for support. You will amaze yourself. You'll struggle some too, but do not let that get you down. Push through it and get back to being amazing.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!!
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    But you're here and that's what matters. Take advantage of all the friends you can make on here and help you along. We're all here for the most part because we need/want to change.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, you can do this!
  • maureen879
    Options
    yay! you can do it i'm trying to lose weight myself i'm 147 and 5'2 or 5'3 i wanna be 115 to 120 sooo bad my measurements are now since i took them this morning are 34-29-40
  • nimaeslami
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to wish you luck on your journey, you can do this, and you should n't starving your self. Do you know how many calories you should be eating?
  • TheHamAmbergler
    TheHamAmbergler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Calorie wise I'm aiming to eat between 700-1,000 but MFP says I should be eating 1,780 which seems way to high!
  • TheHamAmbergler
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support and inspirational words!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Calorie wise I'm aiming to eat between 700-1,000 but MFP says I should be eating 1,780 which seems way to high!

Yes, you need to eat more. 1200 is the magical MINIMUM number. But even that is very very low, unless you're extremely petite. My 4'10" sister eats 1200 cals a day. You need the higher calorie count. In good healthy foods. Swap junk for healthy...aim for lots of protiens and produce, smaller amounts of fats, whole grain carbs instead of white processed stuff. But do make sure to eat enough.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You picked a great place to start with your journey... Good Luck!!!!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: like others have said you have come to the right place! i am on here several times a day & i give advice on changes & suggestions after viewing your diary. i noticed that you are not logging in your water amounts! this is a vital tool in losing weight. i suggest at least 8 or more glasses a day! if water is not your thing then try adding a slice of lime or lemon to it to jazz it up a bit! i am sending you a friend request and hopefully, we can both reach our goals!
  • TheHamAmbergler
    Options
    :flowerforyou: like others have said you have come to the right place! i am on here several times a day & i give advice on changes & suggestions after viewing your diary. i noticed that you are not logging in your water amounts! this is a vital tool in losing weight. i suggest at least 8 or more glasses a day! if water is not your thing then try adding a slice of lime or lemon to it to jazz it up a bit! i am sending you a friend request and hopefully, we can both reach our goals!

Thanks for the tip! I am really bad about drinking water... I might try the lemon idea! Are the flavor packets a good idea to try? I've heard a bit of controversy about those, so I'm not sure if I should try them or not?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Stick to it and you will see results.
  • insanecowgirl
    Options
    I was that girl in high school too, but at least your doing something about it now. Took me 4 years after high school to do something about it. Feel free to add me, I'll try and be as much help as I can.
  • fantalisious
    Options
    Welcome. I'm 5'9 and 220 so i'm obese also. Anyway in order to lose weight it's 20% about exersise and the rest of the 80% is just nutrtion. What i do so i won't get borad with just plain fruit and vegtables is i look up recipes on youtube and on google. Also try to have goals. Lastly say no more excuses like "i'll start tommorow or it's to hard or i don't have time" Over time you might feel that you hate exersise but you'll love it. At first when i did exersise i hated it. Now If i do exersise i like it alot because I have lot's of energy. Lastly a quote form jullian michles "Pain is temmpory, quitting is forever" Good luck on your jorney and if you need motivation i'm always here. :smile: :happy: